Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [USELESS] From: How do you listen to an ABX test? (Read 9759 times) previous topic - next topic

[USELESS] From: How do you listen to an ABX test?

Reply #25
I find your posts emotional & aggressive & don't believe this line of discourse is of any value to the thread - do you?

Emotional? No.
Aggressive? Yes.

Of any value?  *Nothing* you've posted since you came back has been of any value.  What little you've ever posted on this forum that has even had a modicum of value has been stated long before you graced us with peanuts from your gallery.

EDIT:
At any rate, you know where you stand with me.  I'm done with you.  Further disruption by you will go straight to the recycle bin.

My apologies to the rest of you for having to slog through a discussion that should have been done privately.

Reply #26
Have you or Aj actually listened to one of my DACs?

Too low end for me. 
Seriously, for listening to what? Does it make a "sound"? What should we listen out for John?
Might that be something like this?
At the time I also introduced the DIY community to the first DAC in the ESS family of Sabre DAC chips which sounded very good & around which I had built my first USB DAC. Always in search of better sound, I have since moved to using a different USB receiver board & a TI/BB DAC chip which sounds even better than the Sabre DAC. The sound I'm attuned to is an organic, full-bodied sound with all the detail intact which conveys a great sound stage & excellent instrument timbre. In other words sounding as much like real instruments, voices, as possible.

That sounded like someone reciting some sort of daydream. What was you state of mind during these "listening" sessions, where you heard, umm, "organic" sounds...from a DAC??

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #27
As I said, emotional & aggressive - you make claims that I'm a fraud & my DACs snake-oil & then ask me to present evidence to disprove YOUR CLAIMS.
Jeez!!

Reply #28
I claim that your DACs sound no different from those that cost half as much that are competently designed.

The onus is on you to demonstrate differently.

Reply #29
Have you or Aj actually listened to one of my DACs?

Too low end for me. 
And yet you are familiar with €50 DACs
Seriously, for listening to what? Does it make a "sound"? What should we listen out for John?
The sound of you taking your foot out of your mouth, I would guess. The more realistic sounding the better the illusion
Might that be something like this?
At the time I also introduced the DIY community to the first DAC in the ESS family of Sabre DAC chips which sounded very good & around which I had built my first USB DAC. Always in search of better sound, I have since moved to using a different USB receiver board & a TI/BB DAC chip which sounds even better than the Sabre DAC. The sound I'm attuned to is an organic, full-bodied sound with all the detail intact which conveys a great sound stage & excellent instrument timbre. In other words sounding as much like real instruments, voices, as possible.

That sounded like someone reciting some sort of daydream. What was you state of mind during these "listening" sessions, where you heard, umm, "organic" sounds...from a DAC??

cheers,

AJ

You seem very preoccupied with mind-states & mind-altering substances - are you sure you are not projecting?

Reply #30
I claim that your DACs sound no different from those that cost half as much that are competently designed.
AJ thinks the comparator is actually one tenth the price - I believe you can get DACs for €5 now so maybe that should be the the level to settle on but you can claim whatever you like!

The onus is on you to demonstrate differently.

I feel no onus whatsoever.

Reply #31
Well, the first part of your post was about Amir so who was th esecond part about, if not me?

A completely generic post, no names mentioned...is about you and Amir?
Paranoid much?

Foot in your mouth, I believe is the phrase you're looking for

No, no that's not it. Close. Oh yes, I know, "If the shoe fits...." 

Typical ABX/blind tests that don't have false negatives controls are not to be trusted

Like the ones you and Amir touted in triumph...oh wait, never mind. 
Do tell us John, what control would be used for your DAC vs the other? (unless of course you're just making this stuff up on the fly).
Please be specific. Thanks.

I would be happy to have my DAC & a €50 DAC in identical boxes listened to & lived with over time.

What is preventing you from performing this or having this performed?
Or anyone else, who requires/insists upon "long term" viewing/fondling/mood swings, etc. "testing"?

This would require a way of hiding clues from computer drivers to be a blind test.

Eh??

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #32
This would require a way of hiding clues from computer drivers to be a blind test.

Wait, you're not suggesting unscrupulous, known shysters might cheat and fabricate blind test results to protect pecuniary interests....are you??
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #33
Well, the first part of your post was about Amir so who was th esecond part about, if not me?

A completely generic post, no names mentioned...is about you and Amir?
Paranoid much?
Well, seeing as you said this about me in the past "man selling Biochemically engineered boutique DACs" I figured you were on the same tack yet again.

Foot in your mouth, I believe is the phrase you're looking for

No, no that's not it. Close. Oh yes, I know, "If the shoe fits...." 
I knew it had something to do with feet

Reply #34
And yet you are familiar with €50 DACs
No, actually, I'm not, nor did I claim to be. Scrying must be more widespread than I thought. 
However, you seem intimately familiar with the "organic" sounds emitted from your DAC.
Remember Amir rules BS-1116 dictates listener training and parsing for sensitivity.
I (nor Greynol to the best of my knowledge) make no claim to be able to "hear" the "organicness" of your (or any other) DAC.
So it stands to reason that only qualified (or sufficiently self trained/deluded) "listeners" should perform such tests.
That mean you, Amir, et al. Not those who can't hear these apparitions.
We await your control, methods and results.

cheers,

AJ

Loudspeaker manufacturer