Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: flac embedded cuesheet (Read 3711 times) previous topic - next topic

flac embedded cuesheet

i have been working through the archive to find definitive answers for the following:

1.  what command line would be used within eac to create a single flac file of an entire cd that embeds the cuesheet?

2.  is there a way for the embedded cuesheet to include the artist/album/trackname like the standard eac function "copy image and create cuesheet" does?

3.  is it possible to automate the naming of the destination file to something like "artist-album" instead of the default "CDImage"?

4.  do any applications exist (foobar, media jukebox, etc.) that have the ability to playback a flac w/ embedded cuesheet file properly?

thanks

brett

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #1
1:4 No
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #2
are you saying that the answer to all of the questions is no?

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #3
ohh sorry,
1.  flac  --cuesheet=FILENAME.CUE YOURFILE.WAV, but this can only be done when you encode manually, not with EAC because of #3.
2:4 No
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #4
is there a gui frontend for flac that can take a wave file of the entire album and it's corresponding cue sheet and create a flac file with the cue sheet embedded?

brett

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #5
Actually you CAN add cue sheet info later. Just use metaflac with option --import-cuesheet-from=file
This will import seekpoints, I don't know if it will also import other things like track names. You can use --import-vc-from=file to add vorbis comments. If there is an option in EAC to run a command or .bat script or something after ripping&encoding you can use metaflac to automatically add seekpoints to flac.

About players... for xmms (and also for winamp2 IIRC) you still need external cue sheet (named flacfilename.flac.cue). I don't know about foobar2k.

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #6
FLAC embedded cuesheets never have CD-TEXT (track-artist) because it is stored in a special channel in CD and doesn't belong to the cuesheet FLAC uses (it's just ignored from the input file).

BTW, there is no supported standard way of specifying tags for each track in a CD images.

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #7
Actually, ephaestous is right about everything except the fb2k behaviour.

The latest releases of fb2k (I don't know exactly from which on, but RC10 had it already) do show separate tracks when you load a flac with embedded cuesheet. It's just really ugly: say your file is called blabla, and has seven tracks, it will display blabla seven times. Ofcourse, this is because the embedded cuesheet has no further track info.

I'd really like it if there was an option to generate names from freedb instead of CDimage.wav - feature request? For calling flac with cuesheet embedding, perhaps you can take my batch file and alter it somewhat: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=12384&

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #8
Yes, It was true when I worte it.

flac embedded cuesheet

Reply #9
Yes, It was true when I worte it.

Oops... I didn't see the date on that  Sorry.

Well then I can only help to answer this later question
is there a gui frontend for flac that can take a wave file of the entire album and it's corresponding cue sheet and create a flac file with the cue sheet embedded?

The batch file I linked to is not a gui, but it should work very much like FLACdrop if you place it at the desktop.