Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 2k formatting (Read 1448 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 2k formatting

Hello foobar users!

I want to customize the strings that are being displayed on the bottom and top of foobar.

I didn't know the syntax, so I clicked on Help -> Title formatting help.

That opened a webpage with all the syntax strings.

This is how I want it:

1 / 20 (playing track 1 of a 20 tracks playlist) | 1:34 / 2:21:55 (it has played 1:34 of the total 2:21:55 playlist duration)

the playlist count was done (following the documentation) using this:

Code: [Select]
%list_index% / %list_total%

All it shows was ? / ?

So I tried this:

Code: [Select]
%queue_index% / %queue_total%

Which shows ? / ? aswell.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks!

Tim

Foobar 2k formatting

Reply #1
Neither of those are available for the status or title bar usage.

The closest you can get is adding a UI element directly over or under the status bar/title bar and display it there. For that you need the WSH panel mod component and one of marc2003's scripts. You can check his guides here about how to do so. (I think) the script you are looking for is not part of his examples there, but if he glances into the topic he should be able to post it. Otherwise it's somewhere on these forums, I might post it myself if I find it.

Foobar 2k formatting

Reply #2
How can I see which one is available for use in the title or status bar?

Foobar 2k formatting

Reply #3
As the documentation says %list_index% and %list_total% are available only in the context where lists are used. In playlist, in Masstagger, in Converter.
Queue strings are only available in the playlist. But that info would not be suitable for your intented purpose anyway. What you are trying to do is not achievable with the default components.

Foobar 2k formatting

Reply #4
but if he glances into the topic he should be able to post it.

i'll hunt it out tomorrow. i can't do it now because i can't access my own files or even my dropbox thanks to the unbelievably restrictive internet access i'm using.

Foobar 2k formatting

Reply #5
This is the same problem I asked about a while ago.
It seems like nothing has changed since then. I really don't understand why no one is doing something about this / why it it doesn't work in the first place. 
Seems like a really basic feature that is supported by most other players and could implemented in no time.