Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trouble with Album List (Read 833 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble with Album List

I just started using Foobar2000 (v1.3.6).  I have it setup so the library has the music folder configured to the folder where I store all the album files.  The status shows "Monitoring".  But, when I copy new folders containing tracks into the music folder they don't show up in the Album List pane.  Even after I restarted the Foobar2000, new folders are not updated in the Album List pane.

I did some search on the old posts, and supposedly, there should be a "re-scan" command under the Library pull down manual, but I have only "Album List | Search | Configure".  Also there supposedly a "refresh tree" command when right click in the Album List pane, I don't see that either.

So how do I force the Album List to update itself to properly reflect what is in the library?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Trouble with Album List

Reply #1
To get to monitor options, Select:
Library pull down menu
Configure
Select the folder that you have set to monitor
Right click

Trouble with Album List

Reply #2
You can press the Shift key and click on Library > Rescan folders in the main menu.

Also, foobar rescans on start-up.

Trouble with Album List

Reply #3
You can press the Shift key and click on Library > Rescan folders in the main menu.

Also, foobar rescans on start-up.

Thanks BenB.  That works!

What is the idea of menu item normally hidden that requires pressing the shift to use?  It's not like there are too many items under the Library menu.