Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: BPM column (Read 2698 times) previous topic - next topic

BPM column

Hi im new using Foobar2000 I just installed the BPM analyzer. When im listening to my music i want the BPM in order so i want to put a BPM column so i can arrange my playlist via BPM count. Can someone help me if possible to put a BPM column in my DEFAULT TAB where the curent music is playing? Thank you in advance. 

BPM column

Reply #1
file>preferences>display>default UI>playlist view. under custom columns, create a new one with any name and use

Code: [Select]
%bpm%

as the pattern. now click ok to close the preferences. now right click the column headers in the playlist to enable your new column. you can drag/drop if you need to re-arrange the order.

BPM column

Reply #2
Hi Marc,

that is interesting, but, where should I add the CODE? It is something I also want.

BPM column

Reply #3
file>preferences>display>default UI>playlist view. under custom columns, create a new one with any name and use

Code: [Select]
%bpm%

as the pattern. now click ok to close the preferences. now right click the column headers in the playlist to enable your new column. you can drag/drop if you need to re-arrange the order.

Thank you so much...

BPM column

Reply #4
that is interesting, but, where should I add the CODE? It is something I also want.

the first sentence of my previous post tells you exactly where.

BPM column

Reply #6
ok, so maybe a question from my side. Instead of %bpm% I use $meta(BPM) where BPM is the name of metadata field where BPM info is stored.
What is the difference when I use %bpm% instead? I mean - how it differs from the point of internal foobar routines - does this change anything?

BPM column

Reply #7
In case of the BPM-tag there will be no difference. To differentiate between %tag% and $meta(tag) is highly important in case of fields that use field remapping like f.e. %album artist%. That field falls back to artist tag if album artist tag doesn't exist. In contrary to that $meta(album artist) would give back an empty value.

BPM column

Reply #8
It would matter if BPM was a field with remappings, such as ARTIST or TITLE. As the wiki states too, when %artist% is used, it will look for the following fields in order and return the first with a value: ARTIST, ALBUM ARTIST, COMPOSER, PERFORMER. When $meta(artist) is used, it will check ARTIST and nothing else. In the case of BPM the results end up being identical.