Skip to main content
Topic: Plugin request, change playlists with hotkey? (Read 2203 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin request, change playlists with hotkey?

I have a request for a plugin that would be great for my style of listening. Often I'll be away from my computer reading. working on something, etc., with my cordless keyboard close by so I can change songs.
What I'd love to do would be to have a plugin with a list of playlists (for me arranged by genre). A hotkey would change to the next / previous playlist in the list.
For instance, if I get tired of listening to contemporary music and want to start listening to electronica, I could press a key and voilla, a new playlist is loaded.

Would this type of plugin be hard to write? Would any enterprising programmer be interested in giving it a try?

What do you all think, would you find something like this useful?

Reply #1
What I'd love to do would be to have a plugin with a list of playlists (for me arranged by genre). A hotkey would change to the next / previous playlist in the list.

foo_uftS already supports switching playlists, and it wouldn't be hard at all to add a keyboard shortcut for next/previous in the alphabetically sorted list of playlists.  I'll see about adding this feature.

Edit:  Ok, I have added this to foo_uftS version 1.38.  Test it out and let me know what you think.

Reply #2
Aero,
Thanks for the speedy update; your new version works just great! I use foo_ufts's playlist function all the time and now it is even better.

Thanks for implementing such a straightforward solution to my request. 

Reply #3
Thanks for the speedy update; your new version works just great! I use foo_ufts's playlist function all the time and now it is even better.

Cool!  I'm glad it worked out well for you.

Reply #4
-)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019