Skip to main content
Topic: BubbleUPNP server/foobar2000: Streaming Video Over Internet (Read 3560 times) previous topic - next topic

BubbleUPNP server/foobar2000: Streaming Video Over Internet

I have installed BubbleUPNP server on my home media server.  My setup is successful, being that I am able to stream movies while on my home network to UPNP capable devices (Blu-ray players, XBOX, etc).  I also purchased the server version of BubbleUPNP which allows me to stream movies to the BubbleUPNP client on my Android phone over the internet (outside my home network).  What I want to be able to do is also stream movies from my home media server to a Windows PC over the internet.  The BubbleUPNP server download site says that I can use Foobar 2000 to stream videos but it requires the the foo_upnp 0.99.45+.  I have installed Foobar 2000 and the foo_upnp.  Over the internet, I am able to successfully connect to the BubbleUPNP server, I can see my UPNP server and the folders that contain the media (music and videos; I have two separate folders for music and videos).  With Foobar 2000 I can browse the music folders and see the MP3 files on my media server and also play them.  When it comes to the videos, I can only see the directories that the videos are stored in (each video is in its own sub-directory).  When I highlight a video folder, it shows a number in parenthesis of how many files are in the directory.  That's as far as I can get it to go.  Double-clicking on the folder does nothing.  If I click on the "Play" button, I get a message saying that the file is not supported or could be corrupt.  Does Foobar 2000, with the foo_upnp plug-in, allow for watching streamed videos are not?  Thanks!

BubbleUPNP server/foobar2000: Streaming Video Over Internet

Reply #1
Foobar is an audio only application, it can't play videos.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020