Skip to main content
Topic: NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly (Read 728 times) previous topic - next topic

NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly

I've been tinkering with Columns UI for a bit now, and I've had a problem regarding NG Playlist's default global style.

When it shades odd/even tracks a darker colour and a group ends on an odd track, the next group will be shaded, which ends up looking ugly.

I searched around Google and HydrogenAudio's foobar2000 forums to no avail, which is why I'm posting here.
I've tried setting the group's background colour to the background, but I still get bugged by the uneven colouring on the tracks. Is there a way to correctly shade the playlist contents so odd-numbered tracks get shading first?

Re: NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly

Reply #1
Limited to album grouping only and you need track number tags and full albums of course :) :
$ifequal($mod(%tracknumber%,,2),0,
in place of:
$ifequal($mod($if2(%_display_index%,%list_index%),2),0, 

Group header background: $if(%_is_group%,$puts(back,$rgb(255,255,255)))
Some info on style section: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,107610.msg899083.html#msg899083

Edit: Multiple CDs albums, seperate CD grouping also necessary, can be odd-odd :-) .

Edit2: If it's shade first reverse those colour conditions like that:
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,$offset_colour(%_selected_back_no_focus%,$calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back_no_focus%),7))
$puts(back,%_back%)
$puts(back,$offset_colour(%_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_back%),12))
$puts(back-selected,%_selected_back%)
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,%_selected_back_no_focus%)

Re: NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly

Reply #2
That looks a lot nicer, thank you! I can see it was a simple solution, but being new to how foobar handles styling and all... yeah. :-[

And yeah, I've set multi-disc albums so they're detected on the first group for now, but I'll keep that in mind when I decide to have a subgroup for discs. Thanks again, though!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020