Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FAAC - Highest possible settings (In Quality/Bitrate) (Read 4667 times) previous topic - next topic

FAAC - Highest possible settings (In Quality/Bitrate)

Now i am Not asking, what is the best setting for this and that.

My goal is simply, how can make the encoder use as much bitrate as possible, all the time.

In normal encoders, i usually use CVBR at the highest bitrate, this gives the highest bitrate, and for me this means "highest quality" in terms of transcoding "resistance".

This however, as far as i can see, doesn't have CVBR or CBR, and it only has quantizer and VBR, and both seem to jump around a lot in terms of bitrate.

So can anyone give me a hint on what settings should make it give the most bitrate throughout the audio?

Reply #1
My goal is simply, how can make the encoder use as much bitrate as possible, all the time.
From a quick look at the command line arguments, that would be "-q 500".

In normal encoders, i usually use CVBR at the highest bitrate, this gives the highest bitrate, and for me this means "highest quality" in terms of transcoding "resistance".
If you're looking for transcoding "resistance", I can only recommend lossless codecs. Why is lossless not an option for you?

Reply #2
From a quick look at the command line arguments, that would be "-q 500".

If you're looking for transcoding "resistance", I can only recommend lossless codecs. Why is lossless not an option for you?

Okay, i concluded the same actually, good to know that is the correct one.

It's done with OBS, Capture Software, and i am at the hands of it's current possibilities.
I would though still use lossy, but i would use OPUS CVBR 512bitrate.

Lossless seem to come some issues (or before at least) on transcoding on Youtube.

Thanks