Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 mobile fundraiser (Read 184556 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 mobile fundraiser

http://mobile.foobar2000.com
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #1
Can I pay with XP points or gold from my favourite RPGs?

Reply #2
Three mobile platforms at the same time, this looks ambitious.

Reply #3
Got to be done really hasn't it?

Reply #5
Got my attention, and backing.

Reply #7
I find this quite funny, because I asked about this almost a year ago...!

I did too and received the same "Never!" answer. So what's changed?

1) Can someone clarify whether the Windows Tablet (Metro) version will support x86 devices only or ARM ones too?

2) Will the free version have ads? (Hope not!) How much will the "fully featured premium version" cost?

3) What will differentiate the "fully featured premium version" from the free one? Lack of ads (if any) and the addition of cloud, social and streaming? What if these 3 goals aren't met?

4) I suppose it is way too early to talk about the store, especially since that goal may never be reached? I want to (eventually) know which labels you've tied up with, what will be the formats supported (lossless?), DRM-free or not, cost per track/album and many more things.

Reply #8
Good question...the difference is that mobile.foobar2000.com is handled 100% by ourselves, this allows us to offer payment in the 3 main currencies and offer a Paypal payment method also (in my experience these are very important), Kickstarter fix on the currency of the creating country.

Reply #9
Good luck.

For the time being, some of us are enjoying MPDroid (with MPD, aMPD or mopidy).

Reply #10
I find this quite funny, because I asked about this almost a year ago...!

I did too and received the same "Never!" answer. So what's changed?

1) Can someone clarify whether the Windows Tablet (Metro) version will support x86 devices only or ARM ones too?

2) Will the free version have ads? (Hope not!) How much will the "fully featured premium version" cost?

3) What will differentiate the "fully featured premium version" from the free one? Lack of ads (if any) and the addition of cloud, social and streaming? What if these 3 goals aren't met?

4) I suppose it is way too early to talk about the store, especially since that goal may never be reached? I want to (eventually) know which labels you've tied up with, what will be the formats supported (lossless?), cost per track/album and many more things.

1) I will need to clarify this with the other developers,

2) I hope not also, I push for the free version to be advert free. The cost has not been finalized, it will however be in the same league as similar offerings from competitors,

3) It would miss certain features of the paid version, again not finalized.

Reply #11
Good question...the difference is that mobile.foobar2000.com is handled 100% by ourselves, this allows us to offer payment in the 3 main currencies and offer a Paypal payment method also (in my experience these are very important), Kickstarter fix on the currency of the creating country.

So basically there are two competing fundraisers? Which one are we supposed to choose? Aren't you basically dividing your chances of reaching your goal in half?

Reply #12
mu ha ha, I read:
foobar2000 was created to playback audio in its purest form, partnering with B&W, the P5 will ensure the finest of all playback from your portable player.

I think that people here are usually reluctant to use this kind of vocabulary 

Reply #13
This isn't an April fool's joke from Peter, right.
But the statements about foobar2000 and the ear phones make me feel like one.

I would definitely like a Windows phone port though.

Reply #14
You do realise, if you people release a mobile version, it WILL be cracked, right?

Reply #15
Are the funding goals for iOS, Android and Windows Phone cumulative? 218000€ are denoted for Windows - does that mean that the money for iOS and android is already included in the sum?

Reply #16
You do realise, if you people release a mobile version, it WILL be cracked, right?

I assume it would be a free version, otherwise it should be mentioned that it's not free.

Reply #17
I think with my Nokia N9 I am out of luck...

Reply #20
So basically there are two competing fundraisers? Which one are we supposed to choose? Aren't you basically dividing your chances of reaching your goal in half?

You can choose any, if for example each fundraiser raised 50% of the first goal, we have the option of moving the funds from our fund to the kickstarter page, to ensure completion. There is effectively one first goal.

Reply #21
I mean no offense... but this looks a bit weird. I had to double check to make sure it's for real. For something that's aiming to raise over a million $ the presentation isn't very convincing.
And then two separate fundraising sites, both with the Kickstarter logo? Confusing at the very least.

Reply #22
not giving money for an iOS foobar, boo! arguably, foobar is the greatest thing since sliced bread. but it's windows, folks. and freeware. and now you want money for a yet to be developed *iOS* version?

edit: maybe i'm a bit greedy. i'd prefer an FOSS product, but I guess I'd give a few $$$ to a foobar android project, just because it's foobar. I'm not particularly convinced how the actual kickstarter is structured (again, since I don't want to pledge money towards iOS development).

Reply #23
Glad to see I'm not the only one not liking this.

Winamp sold because of the "too much" they tried to do.

Reply #24
It might be wiser to split the kickstarter for different platforms.