Skip to main content
Topic: Post your desktop (Read 4912 times) previous topic - next topic

Post your desktop

Also, where's the obligatory 'post your desktop' topic?

Post your desktop

Reply #1

Post your desktop

Reply #2

Post your desktop

Reply #3

Post your desktop

Reply #4

Post your desktop

Reply #6
A tad late for the party, I know; but due to this thread's own ongoing nature, I hope this won't be considered necroposting per se:

I've been on Linux for a couple years and never looked back. But after months with light, but rather buggy LXLE, I'm now on the outstanding Manjaro with Xfce for desktop manager. DeadBeef is my defacto MP3/FLAC/Wavpack player followed by Guayadeque for online radio stations.

Listen to the music, not the media.
Qualidade em MP3

Post your desktop

Reply #7
@ includemeout
Nice wallpaper with beautyful mountains ("Geisler"). Are you a fan of the Villnöss-Valley?
Harald

Post your desktop

Reply #8
@ includemeout
Nice wallpaper with beautyful mountains ("Geisler"). Are you a fan of the Villnöss-Valley?
Harald

Glad you like it, @harto69.

No, unfortunately I don''t know the place:

This was the only wallpaper I found which would be in harmony with the greenish Manjaro color scheme plus the menda icons on the Xfce desktop.

And I'm really enjoying Manjaro Linux for all its simplicity coupled with efficiency.
Qualidade em MP3

Post your desktop

Reply #10
Honk honk honk

I guess that wallpaper is your own doing, right @slks ?
Qualidade em MP3

Post your desktop

Reply #12
I recently upgraded to Win10 on my lab laptop, turning off the delightful default data collection features and eschewing an MS account. 
It is faster than 7 for sure, and virtualization (Pro vs. Pro) appears to be at least as good. Admittedly, any iCore laptop with an SSD and 16GB RAM feels pretty fast.

Current annoyances:
Sound function is periodically nuked by standby, and requires an uninstall/reinstall of IDT driver to work again. That shouldn't happen on an extremely common, four year-old business notebook.
The schizophrenic nature of device management in the OS does 'power users' no favors, either.

Secondly, an MS account is required for use of their app 'store', even for free apps. So no new start menu "live" apps for me.
Otherwise, it seems a very solid OS (by MS, Apple and Google standards) for being so recently released.

Alas, there were no geese in Jenner on the particular evening I took my desktop picture. Northern Fur Seals and some Sea Lions made themselves known, however.

Thanks for the Manjaro recommendation, includemeout!

Their KDE flavored version (not an XFCE fan at 1024x600) is appreciably faster than Mint/MATE or Kubuntu on my pathetically under-powered presentation netbook. !Viva Arch!

Post your desktop

Reply #13

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020