Skip to main content
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 218920 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1175
Hmm, just changing the extension from .webm to .ogg works with vlc, but not for foobar ... guess I need some more research here...

Foobar2k doesn't seem to like those OPUS streams from YT. The webm container seems to be messed up somehow, so I found out, that by remuxing to MKA the files do work again in Foobar2k and additionally with my Android phone players. Plus tagging the files with Foobar2k does work then, cause it didn't work on the native OPUS files.
Mkvtoolnix (https://mkvtoolnix.download/) does a marvellous job there.

Reply #1176
3dyd,
is there any chance that you can add a custom default option in the context menu besides "Send to current playlist", "Add to...", etc?
what I wanted to do was send/open the video that I choose (from "Search on Site") automatically to VLC Media Player... without having to copy the URL, and paste in in the video player.
just to clarify.... I already tested the video stream option from within the component, but it eats a lot of CPU in this laptop (at least, in my case :/).
I've managed to optimize VLC a lot with the pass of the years... and that's why I'm here with that question.
I've been more than happy by streaming audio with this component....
but, do you think it's possible to add some sort of option to do that? :(

Reply #1177
Foobar2k doesn't seem to like those OPUS streams from YT. The webm container seems to be messed up somehow, so I found out, that by remuxing to MKA the files do work again in Foobar2k and additionally with my Android phone players. Plus tagging the files with Foobar2k does work then, cause it didn't work on the native OPUS files.
I have changed over to the GUI youtube-DLG, which offers postprocessing (.webm -> .opus) out-of-the-box, as long as FFmpeg is installed. The .opus files generated here work perfect for me in foobar including tagging.

Reply #1178
I made an Autohotkey script to generate .foo_youtube files from the clipboard.

Code: [Select]
;Ctrl + Shift + X
^+x::

;Retreives the url from the clipboard.
text1 := Clipboard

;Escapes slashes.
text1 := StrReplace(Clipboard, "/", "\/")

;Escapes quotation marks.
qte := Chr(34)
slsqte := "\" . Chr(34)
text1 := StrReplace(text1, qte, slsqte)

;Adds the rest of the string.
text1 :=  "{" . qte . "url" . qte . ":" . qte . text1 . qte . ",}"

;Gets the id of the currently active window.
ActiveHwnd := WinExist("A")

;Initializes a variable for saving the filepath of the currently open Windows Explorer window.
activeExplorerPath := ""
;Looks through all open Windows Explorer windows.
for w in ComObjCreate("Shell.Application").Windows
;If one of them has the same hwnd as the active window, it is the active window.
If (ActiveHwnd = w.hwnd)
{
;We retreive the current path of it.
activeExplorerPath := w.Document.Folder.Self.Path

;We use the path to generate a complete filepath for saving our file.
filePath := activeExplorerPath . "\" . "foo_youtube.foo_youtube"

;To avoid appending the text multiple times in the same file, we delete the file if it has already been created.
FileDelete, %filePath%

;We then create the file again, and paste our text.
FileAppend, %text1%, %filePath%

}

Return

• Have the script running in the background
  • Go to a youtube video and copy the url. for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXEHsv8UI4
  • Go the folder where you wish to save the .foo_youtube file, and press Ctrl+Shift+X
  • It will generate a .foo_youtube file with the minimum information needed: {"url":"https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/watch?v=lNXEHsv8UI4",}
  • Open the file and the component will generate the rest.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019