Skip to main content
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 83317 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #525
I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Code: [Select]
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)
I think you want the [COVERS: MUSIC FILES] section for album covers. The 'Image [Review] Folder' under [SAVE] is a different thing.

And I think by default it saves to track folder already. And according to Documentation.txt file it should only save if cover is missing. (Not that I've ever used it to confirm mind you)

So basically just change the first line -

[COVERS: MUSIC FILES]
Auto-Save=1
Auto-Save Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
Auto-Save File Name=cover

Cheers

Reply #526
[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=0
Image [Review] Auto-Fetch=0

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.
Just do the same for the two Biography lines -

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=0
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=0

Cheers

Reply #527
I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Code: [Select]
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)
I think you want the [COVERS: MUSIC FILES] section for album covers. The 'Image [Review] Folder' under [SAVE] is a different thing.

And I think by default it saves to track folder already. And according to Documentation.txt file it should only save if cover is missing. (Not that I've ever used it to confirm mind you)

So basically just change the first line -

[COVERS: MUSIC FILES]
Auto-Save=1
Auto-Save Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
Auto-Save File Name=cover

Cheers

Awesome, I didn't expect that feature to be included so I didn't see those config lines !
Works like a charm, no hack needed, thanks ! :)

Reply #528
[AUTO-FETCH]

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thank you. But if I do that the panel doesn't get me any information. I can do that in the image section because I have the Text Only option enabled. I mean, I don't want to take pictures.
But if I want to take my biographies by doing a web search, what I need is not to memorize them on my hard drive.
Thanks again

Reply #529
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thank you. But if I do that the panel doesn't get me any information. I can do that in the image section because I have the Text Only option enabled. I mean, I don't want to take pictures.
But if I want to take my biographies by doing a web search, what I need is not to memorize them on my hard drive.
Thanks again

If the corresponding config options don't work as you'd like, maybe you could try a workaround like setting your TMP directory as Image [Review] & Image [Album] ?

Reply #530
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thanks again

If the corresponding config options don't work as you'd like, maybe you could try a workaround like setting your TMP directory as Image [Review] & Image [Album] ?

I am Spanish and I use google translator.

I did not understand your answer. I would ask you if you can expand it.

As an interim solution, I have created a batch process to start foobar that eliminates biography and review.

Arranca_foobar.bat
echo off
echo .
echo Se van a eliminar las carpetas biography y review y luego arranca Foobar
echo .
rd "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\biography" /S /Q
rd "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\review" /S /Q

cls
C:
cd \Program Files (x86)\foobar2000
start foobar2000.exe
exit
echo on

Thanks you

Reply #531
Hi

Recently discovered this amazing script, super useful and elegant!

I'm especially happy with the ability to automatically write tags with lastfm and allmusic information.

Slight problem - I'm having trouble running the "write selected tags" command on multiple songs at once.
Most times the first run will identify only a few of songs, thereafter I need to select each song individually for it to be recognized and tagged.

I ran a test on 3 songs - It looks like the first 2 are not being recognized correctly while the 3rd is but also returns no results.
Attached screenshots.

Another related point - It would be really great if we could map a keyboard shortcut to the "write selected tags" action.

Any help / thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks

https://pasteboard.co/IWThMnp.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/IWTi4Tt.jpg

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020