Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Andre Wiethoff releases Easy Audio Copy (Read 62168 times) previous topic - next topic

Andre Wiethoff releases Easy Audio Copy

Reply #50
I don't think Andre will find much of a market. Not that many people rip CDs anymore, and most who do use iTunes (free) and think it does a fine job. Those who know better have either mastered the free Exact Audio Copy or long ago invested in dBpoweramp.

I'd like to see Andre make some money after all he's done for us over the years, but I'm afraid Easy Audio Copy has come on the market way too late.

Reply #52
Easy Audio Copy cannot do the same with no marketing and no word of mouth. Few people have ever heard of it.

... and not too many are interested in ripping CDs anymore either.

I found it truly sad there is so little buzz around this killer, easy to use software.  I had done a review and posted it at several sites but also found this discussion so I registered here just to share my take on it.

Reply #53
I added an Easy Audio Copy column to the chart at http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...n_of_CD_rippers

This program sure leaves a big mess in %TEMP%\EasyAudioCopy... not sure if it's because I canceled the error correction that it said was gonna take 491 hours or what.

Reply #54
I added an Easy Audio Copy column to the chart at http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...n_of_CD_rippers

This program sure leaves a big mess in %TEMP%\EasyAudioCopy... not sure if it's because I canceled the error correction that it said was gonna take 491 hours or what.

Reading the chart and comparing Easy and EAC it does seem to me they are functioning nearly identically, is that what you found?

Reply #55
Reading the chart and comparing Easy and EAC it does seem to me they are functioning nearly identically, is that what you found?

At the lowest level, they probably operate the same in how they deal with drives and drive errors, but no, they don't really work the same. As I understand, Easy works a lot more like dbpoweramp - first trying burst mode with AccurateRip verification, then automatically falling back to secure mode. (Something that could/should have been implemented in EAC years ago.)