Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a way to play/convert directmusic sgt/dls files? (Read 9073 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is there a way to play/convert directmusic sgt/dls files?

Reply #25
Oh, wait. There are no builds of dmrender/dmplay.
Could you provide some executables that one could try?
Hi mzso :) You can find prebuilt binaries up to date with the current master commit at https://ci.appveyor.com/project/frabert/libdmusic/build/artifacts

Also, you could use dmrender in a batch file and render the files sequentially, but you should be aware that the library is - right now - more geared towards being integrated in game engines and the like, so sgt files are meant to be looped, not rendered as a single file. As a result, you have to specify the length of the rendered section.

I am afraid I am not familiar with NOLF...
Thanks. I gave dmplay a try, by attempting to play the extracted audio files from said game. But I only got a crash at first. It seems like dmplay can't handle either spaces or non-ascii characters in the path. (which is quite sad in this day and age.)

Anyway. After I worked around that bug I got:
Code: [Select]
Loading segment... done.
Start playback...  done.
Begin rendering... Rendering started. Insert the next segment to be played, or 'exit' to end playback.
And it stays like this.
But I don't get any sound. Not looped or anything, nothing at all.

Reply #26
Could you elaborate on the issue with non-ascii characters? I am actually quite interested in supporting non-ascii paths on multiple platforms, so this is definitely a bug. Also, could you contact me via eMail (it's on my profile) in case you are interested in helping me with rendering those files? I am going to need the files for tests, but I do not have a game copy handy

Reply #27
Could you elaborate on the issue with non-ascii characters? I am actually quite interested in supporting non-ascii paths on multiple platforms, so this is definitely a bug. Also, could you contact me via eMail (it's on my profile) in case you are interested in helping me with rendering those files? I am going to need the files for tests, but I do not have a game copy handy
Hmm... At first I couldn't reproduce it, so it doesn't happen in all instances, but here's how I got a crash:

Reply #28
Update:
I sent an e-mail

Reply #29
Oh, wait. There are no builds of dmrender/dmplay.
Could you provide some executables that one could try?
Hi mzso :) You can find prebuilt binaries up to date with the current master commit at https://ci.appveyor.com/project/frabert/libdmusic/build/artifacts

Also, you could use dmrender in a batch file and render the files sequentially, but you should be aware that the library is - right now - more geared towards being integrated in game engines and the like, so sgt files are meant to be looped, not rendered as a single file. As a result, you have to specify the length of the rendered section.

I am afraid I am not familiar with NOLF...

frabert, How do you get this libdmusic software of yours to run? There are no executables?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019