Can not tell difference between these samples 2011-02-07 20:06:58 Hi,i've been doing a some listening tests on Audioexpert comparing different audio types/compression rates and having done some 30 blind tests i've done just a couple of mistakes distinguishing lossy and lossless formats (many of them were quite obvious though due to purposeful (?) noise amplification), where in all the lossy formats anything below 320kbps was fairly easy to distinguish. After that i've decided to do some tests on my own collection.After that i've decided to do some tests on my personal collection, so i've compared flac to various levels of ogg. And here's the sad news (for me): i could not tell the difference. In ANY case (well, maybe with the exception of levels -1, 0). Actually, i notice an artefact in the ogg file (strangely enough, the higher ogg level - the more amplified the artefact), but apart from it i couldn't really tell the difference between sections of the songs. That leaves me with 3 major options: the flac files were already lossy, that is they were coded using lossy data; i don't have the right tools for comparison; i am "deaf".The first option falls, since some of data i tested i encoded from cd myself using Exact Audio Copy with referenced parameters.The second is also unlikely, since i tested both on my laptop and Cowon flac player, using monitoring headphones Sennheiser eh350.This leaves me with the third option, but i wish to believe otherwise because of audioexpert tests mentioned above as well as really emphasising all-things-music/tools for some years now.The link to a couple of samples i used. I renamed both ogg files to flac so as to imitate a blind test at least partially (of course you could tell the difference by file sizes alone). First sample is chorus from Ode an die Freude and the other one is plain voice by Roy Harper. Please tell me if you find it easy to distinguish between the samples.Thank you for your time reading and listening.p.s. samples were cut using linux shnsplit with manually made .cue file, while encoding was done using oggenc.