Today I noticed a bug with the artist Bjork. If you have the name listed as Bjork in your tags Last.fm won't load the biography. In the lower left of Foobar it just says, Check Björk and the image from Last.fm says to check your tags, which mine are correct, I doubled checked them in Mp3tag.
Here's a screen shot:
So what I did now was change the name now to Björk with the dots above the ö the way it is spelled in Iceland and this time Last.fm works, but Bjork's name gets messed up in the biography. Look at the next screen shot below, which I have underlined her name in red you can see it not being spelled correct.
I'm using Foobar 1.0.3 in Windows XP Pro SP2.
Anyone seen this type of thing before with the Biography View.dll? I'm wondering if there is something I can do to get it to render the name correctly in Foobar?
Actually since posting this, since I can't edit the original I'm replying here.
This isn't a bug with the characters, I just found out that on Last.fm when you want to have a hyperlink for an artist you use tags, like this for the artist:
The bio plugin is having a problem dealing with this tag for non-english characters, which is the problem, because when I edited the Last.fm page for Bjork and removed the tags you can now see her names shows up ok. But if you wrap the tags around an artist's name that is in English characters there isn't a problem. So it seems as if this plugin doesn't like the combination of non-english characters and this artist tag.
Here's a screenshot now showing here name in the bio ok with the tags removed:
Well scratch this, unless the Developer or someone else can find another artist with non-english characters that is using the artist tag on Last/fm because one of the staff/mods on Last.fm removed it for Bjork, so as far as she's concerned I'm ok...
But sooner or later someone else might run into this problem with another artist...