ExplanationsThe information must be new.
The information must be related to topics discussed on Hydrogenaudio
- Use the search function to check if the topic is really new here.
- In case of follow-up news (-> e.g. some technical development taking place in small steps etc.) post about an current update in an existing old thread if possible.
The information must be important/potentially interesting for a mentionable part of HA members
- News topics should be related to audio technology
- Topics not closely related must be of big importance to make it to the news.
News should look like this:
- If you're new here, browse the forum (especially old news threads), read the FAQ and the Wiki to get an impression.
- Free software is favoured because the authors can't be expected to pay for advertisments.
- Shareware must be used by a mentionable part of HA members and/or offer features that can't be found in freeware easily.
- News about software should be submitted for major releases only with important changes (no separate news threads about bugfix releases, language versions etc.)
Browse the "Validated News" forum for examples. Most submissions that were validated match the requirements generally.
Examples for good news submissions:
Burrrn 1.06 (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17141&)
EAC V0.95 prebeta 5 (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19538&)
The Internet Archive needs more downloaders!, Live Music Archive, the eTree Collection (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16995&)
In the end HA staff members decide if a news submission is validated or not. If you don't understand the reasons for a decision, ask please.
This thread is closed to keep it lean. If you have a comment/suggestion/question, please post at "Site Related Discussions" forum.