I've noticed that there are several new windows/dialogs/modals, whatever you want to call them, that share the window position, despite some of them being offset from the center of the screen.
Here's a concrete example:
- Go to Preferences -> Components
- Press "Get updates" - a small "Checking for Updates" modal appears while updates are being checked for
- Move the modal to the center of the screen
- In a playlist, right click on a file and select Utilities -> Optimize file layout + minimize file size - a small "Optimizing file..." modal appears
- Move the modal to the center of the screen (since it was in the upper-left)
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
The "Checking for Updates" modal is now in the bottom right of the screen, since the modals share the position on the screen.
Ideally, all these modals should either be centered or not share positions, or if they do share positions, they should not be offset by a random amount such that moving one to position x,y moves all others to position x,y (versus position x+a,y+b).
Happens with 1.4.6 and 1.5 beta 1.
Still seems to be an issue in beta 19. Maybe Peter can squeeze it in for beta 20? :D
Thanks for reporting.
Indeed this behavior makes very little sense and will be changed for in a future update.
Since I see no changes in the final build of 1.5, I'm hoping this didn't get lost somewhere.
This behavior has been around for so long I opted for changing it for the next version after 1.5, to avoid last minute change having odd consequences.
I see you made a change in 1.5.1 beta 1. Although the positions are no longer retained when moving the dialogs, the "optimizing file" dialog still opens up in the upper left instead of roughly the center (where the other ones open).