Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lots of Banned Users (Read 15634 times) previous topic - next topic

Lots of Banned Users

Reply #25
lol.  cultural differences in language usage always amaze me.  in common american english, it generally means something like "the quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely."  i never knew it could mean anything else...
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Lots of Banned Users

Reply #26
Read the Recycle Bin occasionally if you want to know why, it's quite entertaining actually.

Thanks, didn't know about that.
And I'm a bit upset looking at my deleted posts, cause essentially I can't find something wrong with them (looked only at the first page).
Shouldn't mind.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Lots of Banned Users

Reply #27
I've received several warnings. I find myself treated fair, though I do not understand every single warning or do not agree in each case. And sure the warning/banning procedure is a must.

I also beleive that seing some members no more may be simply to the fact they don't want to actively contribute any more.
I am considering this too, not because I start to dislike HA (I do like it), but because I've found I spend too much time on HA. Once active in HA, I have got the habit not wanting to miss any relevant news.
Which is not very sound looking at it from a distance.

HA has given me a lot of stimulation, but the degree of further stimulation gets lower and lower having been here for a while. And I don't have so much to say and try to help other people that I should go on like that for a very long time.

From a distance IMO encoding quality isn't substantially improving any more except for the low bitrate end I'm not interested in. Same goes for compression ratio in the lossless field.
So I guess I collect all my open questions (there are one or two), try to find an answer here, and after a few weeks or so afterwards I'll be one of those persons suspected to be banned.

Guess I'll return to HA afterwards on a non-regular basis.

Wow. I agree with pretty much everything this guy said.

Lots of Banned Users

Reply #28
I certainly can get very "into" reading HA, and burning a good portion of the day away with it.  I do like helping people wherever I can, and keeping up to date.

It's kind of addictive, I suppose like how a good T.V. show would be for some people.