Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 139104 times) previous topic - next topic

MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #25
thank you for this plugin!

Reply #26
MathAudio Room EQ is not able to slow down your system.

Of course not, Windows is

It's really a choice more than the slowing down, with modern PCs takes much more than that to "slow down" a system. I ONLY use portable apps for 100% or control/management over the data, apps, backup.

Reply #27
Hi, this thing really improves the sound

Just a suggestion however, would it be possible to add an output option "DSP list", so that the test tone outputs through foobar and through any proceeding DSPs in the list? this would be cool for comparing.
Thanks!

Reply #28
Hi, this thing really improves the sound

Just a suggestion however, would it be possible to add an output option "DSP list", so that the test tone outputs through foobar and through any proceeding DSPs in the list? this would be cool for comparing.
Thanks!

The Room EQ measurement program sends the sweep sound directly to the sound card. If we would process the sweep sound with any DSP effects, we could get incorrect measurement results. However, you can use Room EQ with any other DSP effects during the playback of audio files. Just make sure that Room EQ is the last effect in your "Active DSPs" list.

Reply #29
Hi, thanks for response,

Well, I ask because in order for maximally flat response, I need to apply linkwitz transfrom to all signals getting sent to the subwoofer, including sweeps.

A sweep without linkwitz transfrom active, the sub does not portray flat response when being tested.

I could apply the transfrom to sound card eq, so that the sweep processes through that... but was curious if a 'dsp list' path could be added... 

Is it also possible to export the curve to use with winamp in some way?

Again thanks for this - REW really is complex to set up.

Reply #30
Hi, thanks for response,

Well, I ask because in order for maximally flat response, I need to apply linkwitz transfrom to all signals getting sent to the subwoofer, including sweeps.

A sweep without linkwitz transfrom active, the sub does not portray flat response when being tested.

I could apply the transfrom to sound card eq, so that the sweep processes through that... but was curious if a 'dsp list' path could be added... 

Is it also possible to export the curve to use with winamp in some way?

Again thanks for this - REW really is complex to set up.

There is no easy way to export the curve to Winamp.
Do you want to implement a digital Linkwitz transform?

Reply #31
hi and Yes,

Reply #32
hi and Yes,

The VST version of this plugin can help you to process the sweep sound if you need to. The demo version is enough to make the measurement and to save the plot as a preset. Then you can load the preset to the Foobar2000 version of the plugin. You can use the VST version of the Room EQ plugin with the demo version of Reaper or any other DAW. Reaper allows you to include any effects into the sweep sound pass.

Reply #33
easy, thanks!

Reply #34
Salut k2k

Thanks for working and sharing.

I have a similar requirement to giro1991 - I use a DSP crossover plugin in Foobar so the measurement would need to proceed this, of course. There are no crossover components in my speakers and the crossover plugin is not VST.

Can you think of a solution, please ?

Thanks and regards

Vernon

Reply #35
vtaylor,
I think adding "DSP Direct" option in the output dropdown list is a good idea, this would help you...

Reply #36
Salut k2k

Thanks for working and sharing.

I have a similar requirement to giro1991 - I use a DSP crossover plugin in Foobar so the measurement would need to proceed this, of course. There are no crossover components in my speakers and the crossover plugin is not VST.

Can you think of a solution, please ?

Thanks and regards

Vernon

There is no easy solution to this problem. Foobar2000 components cannot activate each other...

Reply #37
Would it be possible to port this to OS X, or at least export the current settings as a stereo impulse WAV file? While I realize that may allow people to dodge your licensing controls, my only reason for needing this is so I can attempt to use it as a system wide correction in AU Lab on OS X.

Also, just FYI, attempting to load this plug-in's configuration when running foobar2000 under Wine causes the whole program to crash. I could give you a crash report and minidump if you think you can make use of them, if it even matters.

Reply #38
Would it be possible to port this to OS X, or at least export the current settings as a stereo impulse WAV file? While I realize that may allow people to dodge your licensing controls, my only reason for needing this is so I can attempt to use it as a system wide correction in AU Lab on OS X.

Also, just FYI, attempting to load this plug-in's configuration when running foobar2000 under Wine causes the whole program to crash. I could give you a crash report and minidump if you think you can make use of them, if it even matters.

The VST version of Room EQ is already ported to OS X, however, AFAIK AU Lab doesn't support VST plug-ins. It supports only AU plug-ins. It is possible that Room EQ will be ported to the AU format in the future, but I don't promise.

Room EQ applies a FIR-free technology which doesn't add the convolution-specific artifacts to the sound. This is one of the main advantages of this product. It is theoretically possible to export a time-limited piece of the impulse response as a WAV file for using it with external convolvers. However, convolvers add specific artifacts to the sound, so you will not get the same quality of the sound. The convolver-specific distortion is usually not large, however, it is better to avoid using convolvers in room correction systems.

Room EQ doesn't work with current version of Wine.

Reply #39
Hi! Thank you for this plugin. Аre you going to add mode processing DSD?

Reply #40
Hi! Thank you for this plugin. ?re you going to add mode processing DSD?

No. DSD needs to be converted to PCM in order to run through a DSP engine.

Reply #41
Interesting, what about a VST multichannels version?

Thx

Reply #42

You can use multiple instances of Room EQ VST in your DAW.

Reply #43

You can use multiple instances of Room EQ VST in your DAW.

Thanks for your answer, this sounds good.

However for to measure the center channel ( in a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configuration ), it's mandatary consider it like a mono channel: Is possible to do correctly this?

Regards

Reply #44
Thanks for your answer, this sounds good.

However for to measure the center channel ( in a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configuration ), it's mandatary consider it like a mono channel: Is possible to do correctly this?

Room EQ VST can work as a mono plug-in if you include it into a mono track of your DAW.

Reply #45
Room EQ VST can work as a mono plug-in if you include it into a mono track of your DAW.

Ok, I will try it, thanks.

Reply #46
I installed MathAudio Ro+om EQ for Foobar2000, but cannot get any sound when Room EQ is loaded in by File -Preferences-select RoomEQ+ Configure. As soon as RoomEQ is moved from  left to right column under Preferences I get sound. I have Windows 8, and realtek Soundard in my Lenovo Flex 15D PC
Can any one help please?
Best regards
Sleiven

Reply #47
I installed MathAudio Ro+om EQ for Foobar2000, but cannot get any sound when Room EQ is loaded in by File -Preferences-select RoomEQ+ Configure. As soon as RoomEQ is moved from  left to right column under Preferences I get sound. I have Windows 8, and realtek Soundard in my Lenovo Flex 15D PC
Can any one help please?
Best regards
Sleiven

The sound is absent because you didn't measure the frequency response of your room.
You need to measure the frequency response in accordance with the instruction: mathaudio.com/room-eq.htm
After that click the "Room EQ" radio button and move down the vertical slider to cut out the resonances of your room.

Reply #48
Can any one help please?
Best regards
Sleiven

The sound is absent because you didn't measure the frequency response of your room.
You need to measure the frequency response in accordance with the instruction: mathaudio.com/room-eq.htm
After that click the "Room EQ" radio button and move down the vertical slider to cut out the resonances of your room.

Hi,
I need help and have a question about calibrated microphone I have. It came with my Velodyne DD-10 subwoofer, looks almost the same as one pictured in manual and it is calibrated but I don't know how to use it correctly with MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000 because I don't have calibration file and don't know what it is.
On line manual says:
"Conventional measurement microphones work perfectly with MathAudio Room EQ without calibration. However, if you have a calibrated measurement microphone, you can use it too. Just rename its calibration file to calibration.frd or calibration.cal and copy it to the Documents -> MathAudio Room EQ folder. Then exit your Foobar2000 and start it once again."
Can you explain what is calibration file and how to obtain or make it? Should it come with all calibrated microphones...? My microphone kit didn't come with any CD and Velodyne doesn't offer calibration file. Please help me.

Reply #49
Can you explain what is calibration file and how to obtain or make it? Should it come with all calibrated microphones...? My microphone kit didn't come with any CD and Velodyne doesn't offer calibration file. Please help me.

Measurement microphones usually have a very flat frequency response (in comparison with conventional microphones). Nevertheless, their frequency response is not ideally flat. That is why manufacturers often measure the frequency response of every measurement microphone and record the measurement results to individual calibration files. If you use the calibration file, the results of your room measurement are as accurate as if you would use an ideal measurement microphone. If your measurement microphone is supplied without a calibration file, you can send it to Cross-Spectrum Acoustics and they will make an individual calibration file for your microphone.