Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Crossfading Doesn't Work In Winamp 2.81 (Read 3389 times) previous topic - next topic

Crossfading Doesn't Work In Winamp 2.81

I was using directsound in winamp 2.80 and I was very happy with the crossfadind feature.

But in winanmp 2.81 with dircetsound 2.2.6, the crossfadind don't work anymore. Fading work, but impossible to cross two tracks.

Any suggestion?

Thx

Reply #1
Nobody can help me?

Reply #2
The default directsound output plugin from Winamp 2.81 is version 2.2.1 and not 2.2.6.

I think you have tried an update from Peters site.
With this updated plugin, gapless playback didn't work on my computer.

My advice to reinstall Winamp 2.81, this will also overwrite the directsound plugin.

Reply #3
Same problem with out_ds 2.2.1!!

Reply #4
The default directsound output plugin from Winamp 2.81 is version 2.2.1 and not 2.2.6.

I think you have tried an update from Peters site.
With this updated plugin, gapless playback didn't work on my computer.

My advice to reinstall Winamp 2.81, this will also overwrite the directsound plugin.

from out_ds FAQ
Q: How do i get rid of gaps between tracks ?
A: Increase "buffer-ahead on track change" value in config.

my advice to you is to RTFM before posting such "advices".

as for marcan - i completely can't reproduce this "problem", crossfading works fine here, looks like you have some kind of problem with configuring fades.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
Works now.

Thx

Reply #6
my advice to you is to RTFM before posting such "advices".

Ok.

Why not set the default value of "Buffer-ahead on track change"  to recommended  500~1000 ms?
After installing the update it is set to 0 ms.

Reply #7
because default settings need be unbarstardized hack-free implementation of winamp2 output plugin spec; while "gapless mode" is a rough hack and causes problems with several poorly-written third-party plugins.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #8
because default settings need be unbarstardized hack-free implementation of winamp2 output plugin spec; while "gapless mode" is a rough hack and causes problems with several poorly-written third-party plugins.

Thanks for the reply.

Waldo Monster