Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DVDA Author - need help - not burning the WAV files (Read 5660 times) previous topic - next topic

DVDA Author - need help - not burning the WAV files

Need help with getting DVDA Author to burn correctly. Using the GUI (dvda author package). PC running Win XP SP2.

I have 24/96 WAV files, totaling about 1.2 GB.  I enter them in the Audio-Group 1 field. I check "create the ISO file" (and verify it). When I click on Encode AUDIO_TS, it does so, creating an Output folder in Documents and Settings and putting the AUDIO_TS and the empty VIDEO_TS there. When it burns, what cdrecord puts on the DVD are the Audio and Video TS folders, but not the WAV files.  My universal disc player correctly identifies that it is a DVD Audio disc, but has nothing to play.

I tried putting the WAV files in the AUDIO_TS folder and then burning, but same thing happened.  No WAV files on the DVD.

Anyone know how to solve the problem? Mpost grateful for the help, regards, Steve

Here's what dvda-author showed after creating the AUDIO_TS folder and the .iso file. It references the WAV files but they cdrecord doesn't burn them to the disc, only the AUDIO_TS folder and the ATS_01_0 (IFO backup), ATS_01_1.AOB, AUDIO_TS IFO backup), ATS_01_0 (IFO), AUDIO_PP (IFO), and AUDIO_TS (IFO) files, plus the VIDEO_TS (empty).

Added audio file to audio group 1:
size of group 102202830, total size 102202830
size of group 221224328, total size 221224328
size of group 364467402, total size 364467402
size of group 493680420, total size 493680420
size of group 597287590, total size 597287590
size of group 681855902, total size 681855902
size of group 836728268, total size 836728268
size of group 1174352466, total size 1174352466
Size of C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output\AUDIO_TS is 1174510162
Size of C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output\VIDEO_TS is 0
Size of C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output is 1174510162
Selected output directory: C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output
Processing input directory...
Size of input 1174352466
Command line : -P0 -S -o C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output -g H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/1-Rock and Roll Doctor.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/2-Oh Atlanta.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/3-Skin It Back.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/4-Down The Road.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/5-Spanish Moon.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/6-Feats Don't Fail Me Now.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/7-The Fan.wav H:/audacity_temp/Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now/8-Cold - Tripe Face Boogie.wav
DVD-Audio authoring completed, output directory is C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output
Size of C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output\AUDIO_TS is 157696
Size of C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output\VIDEO_TS is 0
Size of C:/Documents and Settings/Jan and Steve\output is 157696
ISO file C:\Program Files\dvda-author-package-09.02\Little Feat.iso created
You can now burn your DVD-Audio disc

Reply #1
NOTE - I've never made an audio DVD... I don't have an audio-DVD player...

... what cdrecord puts on the DVD are the Audio and Video TS folders, but not the WAV files.
You should NOT not see "WAV" files.  The actual audio data should be in "AOB" files.  (A video DVD has VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder.)

P.S.
Obviously, I've never used DVDA Author, since I've never made an audio DVD... But, it's usually the job of the authoring program to re-format the data into VOB or AOB files...  You should be able to feed-in WAV files (in a valid format).

It's usually not the job of the authoring program to encode to MPEG, AC3, MLP, etc., although some authoring packages do include features like encoding & burning.

Reply #2
Thanks for the info re AOB files.  dvdaauthor/cdrecord are not encoding the WAV files as AOB and putting them on the disc.

I downloaded a trial version of DVD Audio Solo, it worked, produced a DVD Audio disc with the music files, played it successfully in my disc player (which recognized it as a DVD-Audio).  Hoping to figure our how to get dvdaauthor to work.