Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_continuator (Read 270920 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #75
Hi guys,
version 0.2.4 is uploaded:
- added enable/disable menu items
- tried to lower system (cpu) resources on track changes to prevent crash when used together with oddcast (please try if that helps)

Enjoy

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #76
thanks for the update.

Here's an idea which i have been thinking about for a while: I'm using continuator or crossfader sometimes to quickly create mixes from submitted tracks. It would be great if continuator had 3 modes: punch-in (its main feature), full-overlap and crossfade. Then, it would be cool if one could give a track a CONTINUATOR-tag, which can have the value "punch", "overlap" or "crossfade". Before doing the transition to the next track, continuator woud check if the current file has a continuator-tag and if yes let the tag-value override the default-behaviour. So, if the current track would have a "crossfade"-value in the tag, then continuator would crossfade from the current into the next track.

This would be great for quickly creating mixes or amateur-DJing - but i dont know if you consider it in the scope of your plugin.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #77
Heh, thanks for thinking about us again Cpt. Footure 

The "toggle" menu item still a little check sign on it when the plugin is activated. It seems that you forgot to remove the "checkable" property on this one (the former "enable" menu item).

Speaking of amateur DJing, do you think it's possible to add an APPLY button, as I proposed in my last post ? That's because when I want to change a parameter value, I have to stop the playback for my change to take effect. It would be a real plus for live mixing to be able to change values while playing 

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #78
Hi guys,
- tried to lower system (cpu) resources on track changes to prevent crash when used together with oddcast (please try if that helps)

Enjoy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294837"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks!  I had problems with Continuator combined with Oddcast and removed it a while ago.  I'll get the new version installed and let you know if the new version has resolved the problems I saw.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #79
I cannot start fb2k with this. I'm on w2ksp4. See crash log below.

BTW, can you make it working with foo_skip? I posted a problem report here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=293635
(foo_skip does skip a track if a tag is matching. But continuator does always start some milliseconds, depending on its configuration)

Code: [Select]
<snipped>, bug has been fixed, http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18703&view=findpost&p=295179

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #80
Heh, thanks for thinking about us again Cpt. Footure 
I've been thinking about 'you' all the time (well, almost).

The "toggle" menu item still a little check sign on it when the plugin is activated. It seems that you forgot to remove the "checkable" property on this one (the former "enable" menu item).
This check sign should indicate the current state.

Speaking of amateur DJing, do you think it's possible to add an APPLY button, as I proposed in my last post ? That's because when I want to change a parameter value, I have to stop the playback for my change to take effect. It would be a real plus for live mixing to be able to change values while playing 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
?
All settings except 'Maximum overlap length' are applyed instantly, ie. on next track change.

@squeller
bug fixed in version [a href="http://www.ewetel.net/~axel.behrens2\foo_dsp_continuator.dll]0.2.5[/url]

@lyx
I'll be thinking about your CONTINUATOR-tag suggestion.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #81
@squeller
bug fixed in version 0.2.5

@lyx
I'll be thinking about your CONTINUATOR-tag suggestion.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks cpt footure! Works fine. I know I'm pissing you off, but may I ask for you opinion on:
BTW, can you make it working with foo_skip? I posted a problem report here: [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=293635]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=293635[/url]
(foo_skip does skip a track if a tag is matching. But continuator does always start some milliseconds, depending on its configuration)
?       

@lyx: great suggestion

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #82
I know I'm pissing you off, but may I ask for you opinion on:
foo_skip
Don't worry, i'm great in ignoring irrelevant input .
But I will have a look at it.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #83
Refined version of the continuator-tag proposal:

CONTINUATOR-tag value  |  Behaviour on transition to next track
-----------------------+-----------------------------------------
off                    |  do nothing
gapkill                |  trim silence only
overlap                |  do simple overlapping without searching for a punch-in point
punchin                |  search for punch-in point and overlap there (continuator's main-feature)
crossfade              |  crossfade to next track

Even cooler, but maybe too much work to implement: when using overlap or crossfade, then be able to specify the transition-length in the continuator tag(so, length of crossfade/overlapping) like for example "overlap,5000" would mean "do a 5seconds overlap at transition to next track".

Together with foo_quicktag(and maybe a continuator-column in one's formatting) this feature could be used on the fly easily :)

- Lyx

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #84
bug fixed in version 0.2.5
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295179"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That link gives a 404
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #85
That link gives a 404
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.ewetel.net/~axel.behrens2/foo_dsp_continuator.dll]http://www.ewetel.net/~axel.behrens2/foo_dsp_continuator.dll[/url]

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #86
Speaking of amateur DJing, do you think it's possible to add an APPLY button, as I proposed in my last post ? That's because when I want to change a parameter value, I have to stop the playback for my change to take effect. It would be a real plus for live mixing to be able to change values while playing  :cool:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294867"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
?
All settings except 'Maximum overlap length' are applyed instantly, ie. on next track change.

Hehe ^^" I was actually requesting it because of that very setting, since I tend to play with overlapping tracks :b  Can it be modified so that this one is updated as well ?

On the other hand, if you decide to follow what Lyx has just proposed, I'd be satisfied as well, since it allows even more on-the-fly tinkering with continuator ;)

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #87
I don't know what's up with my settings but my tracks don't crossfade.  The end of the mp3 will fade, but at the end, the next song starts right in.  The crossfader plugin that comes in the foobar iinstallation works fine.
Any clues?
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #88
Hi guys,
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294837"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Awesome. Thanks a bunch. That'll make my automation scripts much more useful.

C

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #89
overlap                |  do simple overlapping without searching for a punch-in point
punchin                |  search for punch-in point and overlap there (continuator's main-feature)

Even cooler, but maybe too much work to implement: when using overlap or crossfade, then be able to specify the transition-length in the continuator tag(so, length of crossfade/overlapping) like for example "overlap,5000" would mean "do a 5seconds overlap at transition to next track".

We'd need a better foo_quicktag then...

The problem with foo_quicktag is, you will not be able to concatenate to your tag. (e.g. you can not add ",5000" to an existing "overlap")

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #90
I don't know what's up with my settings but my tracks don't crossfade.  The end of the mp3 will fade, but at the end, the next song starts right in.  The crossfader plugin that comes in the foobar iinstallation works fine.
Any clues?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295363"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Maybe it's a seamless transition? Or it's (falsely) detected as one. Did you try to uncheck 'Disable track overlapping...'? Or maybe your threshold setting was too low.

btw: At the moment Continuator does no fade-in. It just starts the new track at the point where the old track reaches a specific threshold.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #91
Hehe ^^" I was actually requesting it because of that very setting, since I tend to play with overlapping tracks :b  Can it be modified so that this one is updated as well ?
I'll see if i can do that.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #92
Refined version of the continuator-tag proposal:

Together with foo_quicktag(and maybe a continuator-column in one's formatting) this feature could be used on the fly easily

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Good proposal, i'm pretty sure that i'll implement it sooner or later.
I know you all would prefer 'sooner', but please be patient.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #93
btw: At the moment Continuator does no fade-in. It just starts the new track at the point where the old track reaches a specific threshold.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh.  If thats the case, then the plugin works perfectly!

Thanks
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #94
We'd need a better foo_quicktag then...

The problem with foo_quicktag is, you will not be able to concatenate to your tag. (e.g. you can not add ",5000" to an existing "overlap")
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295384"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not necessary - you can just create submenus in quicktag to overwrite the previous tag-value completely:

mainmenu:
remove tag
off
trim silence
overlap
punch-in
crossfade

overlap and crossfade would have submenus with a selection of timespans... these submenu options would then just overwrite the previous value with i.e. "overlap,5000". So, i don't see any reason for concetanating values. From a coders POV it may be the more "clean" way to do it, but from a practical POV it is not necessary.

- Lyx

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #95
Not necessary - you can just create submenus in quicktag to overwrite the previous tag-value completely

true 

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #96
Thanks cpt footure! Works fine. I know I'm pissing you off, but may I ask for you opinion on:
BTW, can you make it working with foo_skip? I posted a problem report here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=293635
?       

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295184"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi,
continuator is not to blame for this behaviour. The problem lies within the (crossfading?, maybe DirectSound v2.5? Shit, that's me also) output plugin. foo_skip seems to 'hit' the skip button just after a new track has started. I'm not sure if i can do anything about it.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #97
I wonder if I'm the only one who's not attracted to fixed strings.

Why make it depend on a specific tag, and specific contents? It could be made configurable through TAGZ, which would be worth it, IMHO.
  • Let the user choose if he wants %CONTINUATOR% or %FADING%
  • Let the user choose what to check for. $right(%FADE LENGTH%,4)

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #98
I wonder if I'm the only one who's not attracted to fixed strings.

Why make it depend on a specific tag, and specific contents? It could be made configurable through TAGZ, which would be worth it, IMHO.
  • Let the user choose if he wants %CONTINUATOR% or %FADING%
  • Let the user choose what to check for. $right(%FADE LENGTH%,4)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296784"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah cool - one more ambigious tag-standard, so that public formatting-strings cannot support such features. I on my side can say, that if the tag-name/value becomes configurable, then i (and probably every other public formatting-strings author) will not support it for obvious reasons - because we CANNOT.

Very bad idea IMHO.

- Lyx

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #99
/me shrugs.

You have the masstagger, so if you encounter tags you don't like, you can always change them your way.

Who cares if someone else's formatting doesn't support your tags? You? You are free to hack at the formatting, and you'll have the freedom of not being forced to change your tags.