Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to change DSP preset via the menu? (Read 3817 times) previous topic - next topic

How to change DSP preset via the menu?

There can be any number of instances of a given DSP at any time. In contrast to 0.8.3 however, DSPs do not need to be instantiated to query information or edit presets, this tasks are handled by the dsp_entry class.

If your DSP does not support multiple instances, you should throw an exception, if you detect that the system tries to use more than one instance. Remember to use a message that is meaningful to the user.

sorry for terrible necropost
is it possible to change DSP's presets from menu command?

Reply #1
sorry for terrible necropost
At least you realised you were doing something wrong. Please act on that feeling next time and create a new topic. This will generally give you more favourable responses than an apology.

The saved DSP presets are listed in the "DSP settings" submenu of the Playback menu. This submenu is only visible if you hold down the Shift key while clicking on the "Playback" entry of the main menu.

Reply #2
The saved DSP presets are listed in the "DSP settings" submenu of the Playback menu. This submenu is only visible if you hold down the Shift key while clicking on the "Playback" entry of the main menu.

Can you please move this thread to development, I meant question from programming standpoint.

Those preferences change the whole chain, but I want to change parameters of one DSP only.
I want to add menu command to Tempo Shift plugin, so it would be possible to change tempo using hotkeys.

What I do right now:
Menu class uses instance of static_api_ptr_t<dsp_config_manager> in two following methods:
When get_display is called I check whether tempo DSP is active and set flag_disabled otherwise.
When execute is called I get DSP's preset and change tempo value. Then I get current chain presets and substitute first preset with proper owner id. Then update chain settings with set_core_settings.

Is this a proper way to go or I have missed something?
How can I disable adding more than one copy of the DSP? Right now I only change presets of the first instance of my DSP. I also could change all instances, but I don't like either option.

Thanks.

Reply #3
Read the details in the official EQ DSP component source?