Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: display of of artist, album and track title on the main Foobar2000 screeen (Read 968 times) previous topic - next topic

display of of artist, album and track title on the main Foobar2000 screeen

Hi.  I'm relatively new to Foobar and have a question.  Is there a setting somewhere that I need to invoke in order to have artist, album and track title displayed, on the main Foobar screen? Although this information is available when I view a folder's contents in Windows Explorer, it is missing for many of the tracks in folders which I load in Foobar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Re: display of of artist, album and track title on the main Foobar2000 screeen

Reply #1
Hi there,

Do the tracks have metadata? Check them and edit in foobar by right-click tracks > Properties.

To display track information (metadata or even filenames), aside from adding playlist columns / grouping...

If using Default UI you could install Text Display component and add it to your layout using Layout Editing Mode (DUI). If using Columns UI you could add an Item Details panel (part of CUI), the same type of thing. Both display the playing or selected track information, which you can choose by using title formatting such as %artist%, etc. See foobar Help menu > Title Formatting Help for more about that.

Cheers

Re: display of of artist, album and track title on the main Foobar2000 screeen

Reply #2
Hi.  Thanks for the prompt response.  I've been able to display a file name for all of the tracks; however, I'm still missing artist, album and track title.  It turns out that this information also is missing in Windows Explorer (I incorrectly claimed it was there) so I think I'll try a program such as MusicBrainz Picard and see if I can fill in the blanks.  However, having the file name is a big step forward (at least I can identify a track without having to first audition it) and for this I thank you.