Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 220058 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

Reply #325
Can I display Quicksearch form as a element of top menu rather than as a separate window?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #326
And can I at least set <File | Preferences | Media Library | Activate quicksearch> to be performed after opening foobar2000? It is pointless to do this manually (and I still want it as a part of menubar rather than a separate window).

foo_quicksearch

Reply #327
Can I display Quicksearch form as a element of top menu rather than as a separate window?

I don't know what you mean exactly with "a element of top menu". You would need the Columns UI in case it is this.

Apart from that, in both the DUI and the CUI foo_quicksearch can be used not only as a popup instance (what you do not like) but also as an element integrated into the UI.

Default User Interface's Layout Editing Mode
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #328
I don't know what you mean exactly with "a element of top menu".

Part of interface, above tabbed playlist. Anyway, thanks for help - now my interface looks almost exactly how I wanted it to look like.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #329
Can someone confirm, that this plugin is only able to search tags within files that have a maximum length of 1000 characters?

I'm trying to use this plugin to search within lyrics. These lyrics are custom tags within my files. But when these tags exceed 1000 characters, quicksearch is not able to search through them.

Is this a bug or a feature?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #330
you probably need to look at editing the file named LargeFieldsConfig.txt inside your foobar profile folder (%appdata%\foobar2000). make sure foobar is closed while you do this.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #331
you probably need to look at editing the file named LargeFieldsConfig.txt inside your foobar profile folder (%appdata%\foobar2000). make sure foobar is closed while you do this.

thanks for that suggestion.

I've tried increasing defaultMetaMax=1000 and basicMetaMax=2000 to a very high number, but that didn't seem to work. Even deleting the tag fieldSpam=lyrics or moving it to fieldBasic didn't work.

I've figured out, that with foobar version 1.2.9 the problem don't exists. It first occurs in version 1.3.0.

Has this file LargeFieldsConfig.txt been first implemented in this version, 1.3.0?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #332
Did you try fully restarting foobar after the edit was done? And yes, if I recall it was introduced around that time. And it's more than likely the source of your problem.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #334
Did you try fully restarting foobar after the edit was done? And yes, if I recall it was introduced around that time. And it's more than likely is the source of your problem.

Yes, I've closed foobar completely.

I'm going back to version 1.2.9 now, that seems to be the quickest solution. Anyways, thanks for your help.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #335
What am I doing wrong. I can not for the life of me get this thing working how I remember it working. I use the media library playlist in Falstaff's WSH script but for the life of me can not get quicksearch to work it just returns a highlighted window with no results showing even when I can see the track listed. Its like its not bothered.

I got it to search playlist (inline) and everything set. I also remember it use to display the results in table form like the default search. Maybe I am getting them confused or something but I recall having the ability to search playlist (inline) which the default search does not do. I had it in a previous foobar config but for the life of me can not remember how or what did it.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #336
I don't know if your problem is the same, but in my case the plug-in stopped finding anything a few weeks ago. I realized that my audio folder disappeared for some reason from the media library. I added "My audio files" again and the started working again.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #337
I don't know if your problem is the same, but in my case the plug-in stopped finding anything a few weeks ago. I realized that my audio folder disappeared for some reason from the media library. I added "My audio files" again and the started working again.

Nope all libraries accounted for. Its just odd.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #338
I'm having a problem in the latest version where when I use a keyboard shortcut to activate the search field it does not automatically select all the text that is already there. It did this in an earlier version I had.
Is this supposed to happen? I liked that it selected the previous search so that I could just start typing immediately without having to delete the previous search.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #339
I don't think that is possible. However you can use an AutoHotkey script for that:
Code: [Select]
;select the quicksearch box and delete all text in it
#IfWinActive, ahk_class {E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8}
F1::
ControlSetText, Edit3, ,
ControlFocus,Edit3 ;use last found window
return

foo_quicksearch

Reply #340
I don't think that is possible. However you can use an AutoHotkey script for that:
;select the quicksearch box and delete all text in it
#IfWinActive, ahk_class {E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8}
F1::
ControlSetText, Edit3, ,
ControlFocus,Edit3 ;use last found window
return

Hmm, well it worked on a previous version of the plugin. Whenever I hit my hotkey for quicksearch it selected the previous text in the field so that I could just start typing.
Weird.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #341
Remove parenthesis from search tags (context menu)

Is it possible with square brackets [], too?

Quick search is extremelly useful, mostly the "search for same" context menu. Unfortunately, I can't find a solution for my probleme in "search for same".

I use template like this:
TITLE: Azok a szép napok [Дорогой длинною. Those were the days. The long road. Quelli erano i giorni. Que tiempo tan feliz]
TITLE: Those were the days [Дорогой длинною. Azok a szép napok. The long road. Quelli erano i giorni. Que tiempo tan feliz]
TITLE: Quelli erano i giorni [Дорогой длинною. Azok a szép napok. Those were the days. The long road. Que tiempo tan feliz]

...and so on. It will be very nice, comfortable, to pick the song with the second variant of title, from context menu choose "Search for same...", and find all song, containing, for example, string "Those were the days" in any position of a title (%title% HAS "Those were the days"). Is there a way?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #342
you could try something like this:
$strstr($lower(%title%),$lower($left(%title%,15)))

foo_quicksearch

Reply #343
you could try something like this:
$strstr($lower(%title%),$lower($left(%title%,15)))

Sorry, no. The problem is, that this will TRUE for every song: title contains own first 15 letters.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #344
The string is for the "Quicksearch for same..." feature. Since the search is context-specific, it should only find those files whose TITLE tag contains the character string (the first 15 characters of the TITLE tag of the file you right-click on).

foo_quicksearch

Reply #345
The string is for the "Quicksearch for same..." feature. Since the search is context-specific, it should only find those files whose TITLE tag contains the character string (the first 15 characters of the TITLE tag of the file you right-click on).

I tried it.
File > Preferences > Quick search > Tags: added...
name: First 15 chars
value: First chars: $strstr($lower(%title%),$lower($left(%title%,15)))
On a file, choosed from context menu Quicksearch for same... > First 15 chars. It found all my songs. The name of the automatically created playlist: # [First chars: 1]

Did you try it yourself? Is it working?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #346

IMO: it should only find those files, where the search phrase will equal with selected song. $strstr($lower(%title%),$lower($left(%title%,15))) gives value 1 (it means TRUE) for every songs, so every songs will equal in this meaning.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #347
Just use $lower($left(%title%,15))

foo_quicksearch

Reply #348

Sorry, no, too. It finds only those songs, where first 15 chars are the same, but will not search for this string in the whole title.

So, it finds:
TITLE: Those were the days [??????? ???????. Azok a szép napok. The long road. Quelli erano i giorni. Que tiempo tan feliz]
TITLE: Those were the days [The long road. ??????? ???????. Azok a szép napok. Quelli erano i giorni. Que tiempo tan feliz]
TITLE: Those were the days [Quelli erano i giorni. ??????? ???????. Azok a szép napok. The long road. Que tiempo tan feliz]
etc., but will not find
TITLE: Azok a szép napok [??????? ???????. Those were the days. The long road. Quelli erano i giorni. Que tiempo tan feliz]
TITLE: Quelli erano i giorni [??????? ???????. Azok a szép napok. Those were the days. The long road. Que tiempo tan feliz]

foo_quicksearch

Reply #349

Sorry, no, too. It finds only those songs, where first 15 chars are the same, but will not search for this string in the whole title.
Ah, ok. I just looked at the example from BenB and assumed, that you wanted to have only the first parts of the songs matching.

But then then the answer is unfortunatley: It's not possible. The title format expression you provide will be applied both to the selected playlist entry and each other entry of the media library. The results will be compared. To achieve what you want the result of applying the expression to the selected playlist entry needed to be used for the expression which will be applied to the media library entries. This would only be possible, if you could provide different expressions for the playlist entry and the media library entries and if you could refer in the media library expression to the result of the playlist entry expression.