Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SCL6 by MQA for bluetooth, uwb and wifi (Read 1751 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SCL6 by MQA for bluetooth, uwb and wifi

Reply #1
Bluetooth first has to improve. 
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #2
whathifi?  :o
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #3
What Hi-Fi isn't that bad as an audio gear publication, relatively speaking - that's not the highest bar to clear, but what I mean is that it does report "unfavorable" (to vendors) news.
Like, when MQA was filing for bankruptcy, What Hi-Fi reported it a week before it hit news outlets posted here at HA.

Reply #4
Yes, you are right. I rarely read these pages and remembered wrong or mixed it up with another publication repeatedly praising MQA.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #5
"But, the idea of finally being able to hear better sound quality through a Bluetooth connection is tantalising." <- I really like to see the proof that they can hear the difference between lossy codecs like SBC, AAC, or aptX for Bluetooth and those lossless ones.

I believe the quality of the speaker or head phones or so has more to do with the sound than using AAC or LDAC. I mean I used awful sounding ear phones in my life which used cables.

Reply #7
I thought Bluetooth SIG rejected MQAir?

It was one of the reasons cited for the bankruptcy. That they MQAir didn't nake it into the official A2DP spec.

Reply #8
"But, the idea of finally being able to hear better sound quality through a Bluetooth connection is tantalising." <- I really like to see the proof that they can hear the difference between lossy codecs like SBC, AAC, or aptX for Bluetooth and those lossless ones.

I believe the quality of the speaker or head phones or so has more to do with the sound than using AAC or LDAC. I mean I used awful sounding ear phones in my life which used cables.

Thought this not a blind test I have on observation.

I listen to a lot of audio books and podcasts. When I use SBC to connect to a device, I have trouble understanding what people are saying at the louder volumes needed to overcome road noise. With the same car stereo plugged in with a 3.5mm cable, at the same volume level, the audio is a lot clearer.

When I switch from an Android device to an iPhone, the codec switches to AAC for Bluetooth and things are lot clearer. Just as clear as the cable.

Obviously, there are a LOT of variables at play here, including the bitrate of the transmission. But now that I am on an iPhone full-time and AAC over Bluetooth, I'm happy withe the results.

I'm really surprised that people are still using Bluetooth for wireless audio, and haven't come up woth a wireless-only standard for audio that has super low latency and enough bandwidth to do lossless audio.

I remember in the 2000s, Sennheiser had a whole line of wireless headphones that are all discontinued. You'd plug the "base" into the headphone jack and it would wirelessly communicate with the headphone. Not sure what technology they were using, but it definitely wasn't Bluetooth.