Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Classical Music (Read 2975 times) previous topic - next topic

Classical Music

What is the best encoder and set to encode classical music? I tried once with Lame 3.92 in -alt-preset cbr 192 but the result was terrible, after i tried VBR 256 to 160 then i got best results. Is this set correct or there is others ?

thanx  B)

Classical Music

Reply #1
If you're asking for the best encoder to use with classical music and you're referring to lossy encoders then I strongly recommend mpc.

Classical Music

Reply #2
What is the best encoder and set to encode classical music? I tried once with Lame 3.92 in -alt-preset cbr 192 but the result was terrible, after i tried VBR 256 to 160 then i got best results. Is this set correct or there is others ?

thanx  B)

What VBR line did you use
and you will almost always get better result with VBR than CBR

actuakly i don get why people use CBR any more unless its because of compatibility or streaming reasons

try with -alt-preset standard or -alt-preset Extreme
or if you dont care about bitrates -alt-preset Insane
Sven Bent - Denmark

Classical Music

Reply #3
Use LAME 3.90.2 or 3.91. Then, --alt-preset standard -Z should be fine. If you still hear problems (not very a very usual thing), try --alt-preset insane. If you still hear problems (quite unlikely in most cases), then you have to switch to mpc, and use the mpc -standard preset.