Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Not comfortable to report errors (Read 1981 times) previous topic - next topic

Not comfortable to report errors

Bad is the fact that to report an error, need register for forum, will be more convenient if there is a special form, or email address.

Reply #1
You do not need to register here to send crash reports.

Reply #3
Hi Friends,

I would know if there is any way to send the crash/debug files by email or by FTP.
Unfortunately, when I am playing Foobar I have not any internet connection available (in my listening room), so I cannot use the automatic send feature.

Or is it possible to force Foobar to resend later all the pending crash/debus files?

Thanks and regards,
Andrea.

Reply #4
They should be filed in your foobar2000 installation directory under Crash Reports. They can be copied/pasted into a forum message.

As they can be long, please, please insert them / wrap them with CODEBOX tag not a simple code tag.

Reply #5
Hi All, I  have over 1.2 MB of crash report files!

I made a ZIP, but it is anyway about 350 kB.

I can attach it, email or FTP.

Not the case to copy/paste the 1.2 MB of texts....

Kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #6
I would suggest deleting all of them and at this point in time forward, include new ones in subsequent posts.
Keep in mind that if you are having that many crashes, it would be quite helpful to include a note as to all the components you are using. It is trivial to copy and paste from the component preference page into a message.

You also might want to run the troubleshooter to see if you are using problematic components.
As a datapoint for reference, I can not remember the last time foobar2000 crashed on my system.

Reply #7
OK, thanks, I will do so.
Kind regards,
Andrea