Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ISO Music recognition software (Read 3071 times) previous topic - next topic

ISO Music recognition software

A few years back, I burnt some CD compilations that included many instrumentals, and never bothered to keep a tracklist.

Now that I've got much better software and hardware, I'd like to re-rip some of the titles, but the problem is that I no longer have any idea what some of the tracks are.

Does anyone know of any software that can analyse the tracks for me? There is a company in the UK called Shazam, that allows you to play music down your phone (for example, when you're in a club), and they will text you back the details. However, it costs £1 (appx. $2) per tune, which in my case, would quickly add up.

Is there any such consumer software on the market?

http://www.shazam.com/music/portal/sp/s/me...ny_profile.html

Reply #1
Try Musicbrainz. (Link)

Reply #2
I bet even Shazam can only identify a handful of tracks. Probably the hits of the last few years. If you have a bit odd music, I am sure it would fail. There are just too much music out there.  Sorry for being sceptical. I have no proof. Just a common sense feeling.

Triza

Reply #3
If you leave if for a few weeks/months, then the software from MusicIP should be able to do just what you want with their MusicDNS services. Look, they're even teaming up with MusicBrainz.

C