Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New buttons in 0.9.5 beta 4 (edit: and 5) (Read 29256 times) previous topic - next topic

New buttons in 0.9.5 beta 4 (edit: and 5)

Reply #75
I have no real problem with the new buttons (maybe they're wider than their height, not very much to my liking but not a serious problem either) other than that the 'play' button doesn't fit in the 'playing' column where it should  But reading the future plans for the new default UI it won't be a problem as I saw there that the devs are planning on highlighting the actually playing track in the playlist switcher - which is good and that's exactly the way I used my foobar before 0.9.5 (with columns UI) - use of 'playing' column is just a makeshift.

Reply #76
Easy. They're not meant to be replaced.

Obviously. But they should be, considering the demand for such a feature, they ought to consider it. One way or another, the developers do "serve" the community. The community has no "right" to demand anything, of course, but if the developers want to continue to have such a great fan base, they need to consider the suggestions of users (as they always have, in this case).

You don't honestly expect developers to anticipate executable modifications, do you? Forgive me, but something's retarded here, and it's not the way Peter's handling things.

What? Where did I mention anything about modifying the executable? I'm pointing out that customizable icons would be (or should be, barring any strange complications) trivial to implement.

Reply #77

The beta 5 buttons are just awful. They couldn't be any plainer, than if I hand drew them on scratch paper. Thanks everyone, you all got what you wished for!

If you're looking for eye candy, why are you using the std_ui? It's _supposed_ to be plain.

See, the thing is, I'm not looking for eye candy. I just don't like plain vanilla, and the NEW standard UI is not vanilla anymore. So, like Goldilocks, I want something that is neither eye candy, nor plain vanilla. I want it "just right!", Hopefully, Peter will come up with a style that everyone can live with.

But, thanks for asking!

i tend to agree with drbeachboy...
not a fan of the beta 5 buttons at all, they do look cheap and hand drawn.

i was just starting to get used to the slightly odd shaped, but overall better looking beta 4 buttons.  ah well...
good thing i don't use foobar for it's looks, the features are the most important to me. 
so i can live with whatever buttons are decided on.

Reply #78
Can we stop this bickering about custom buttons? It's in the future proposals list for some time now and writing more about it won't get it done any quicker.

Reply #79
Can we stop this bickering about custom buttons? It's in the future proposals list for some time now and writing more about it won't get it done any quicker.

Awe, come on now, can't we have any fun in here anymore? Most of the comments are against my original post, but I don't consider this bickering. No, it's just a friendly difference of opinion. This button issue will never be a deal breaker for me. Foobar2000 is a terrific audio player and that is soley why I use it. But version 0.9.5 is still in beta, and things are always changing, and this is a forum to discuss (bicker, as you put it) such matters.

Happy Holidays!
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"