Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two big problems (Foobar freezing and crashing, and dead files still l (Read 2535 times) previous topic - next topic

Two big problems (Foobar freezing and crashing, and dead files still l

Hi forums,
I've been having two big problems with Foobar2000 for a while, and I'm getting pretty annoyed, and I'd like some help fixing them.
My first problem is that for no reason, usually when I have Foobar playing music while minimized.
I saw on the forums rules post for support that this may be a "deadlock", but I cannot for the life of me make heads or tails as to what the instructions on how to fix it are saying.
I looked at the Process Explorer program and found a thread with a much higher value than the rest

http://puu.sh/19w6P

It then told me to post their stack traces into a codebox in a "relevant forum thread" but if there is some sort of relevant forum thread that I am supposed to find, I have not be able to do so.
I will post the codebox for the above thread in this thread for the moment.
Code: [Select]
wow64win.dll+0x3fe3a
wow64win.dll+0x1aea8
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7
wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x2d
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1ce
wow64.dll!Wow64LdrpInitialize+0x429
ntdll.dll!RtlUniform+0x6e6
ntdll.dll!RtlCreateTagHeap+0xa7
ntdll.dll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xe
USER32.dll!DispatchMessageW+0x5c
foobar2000.exe+0x57a79
foobar2000.exe+0x5851f
foobar2000.exe+0x5878c
foobar2000.exe+0x10461d
ntdll.dll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x63
ntdll.dll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x36
This is about as far as I have gotten with this problem

My second problem is that when I go to my Default playlist on Foobar, it shows song that I have either gotten rid of completely, or have older tags (I retagged a lot of songs into a different genre, but the old tagged ones show up as well).
When I click on these dead songs, as if to play them, I get this error message

"Unable to open item for playback (Object not found): "C:\Users\Owner\Music\Music\Classical\Classical Collection\Classical\1-01 Pachelbel_ Canon & Gigue In D.mp3""

This is just one example, but all of them come out in this format.
When I update my iPod using the iPod Manager component, it also tries to add the aforementioned dead songs, but then gives me a long list of errors for each song.

http://puu.sh/19wiF

These just sit there in the Default playlist, giving me the above "Unable to open item for playback (Object not found)" error whenever clicked on, and I would really like them gone.

Reply #1
Unless your Default Playlist is an autoplaylist, Foobar will not delete dead items - you'll need to remove them yourself. Dead items are automatically removed from the library, from the Album List, and from autoplaylists, but not from a regular playlist that you've manually added items to.

You can delete dead items by going to Edit > Remove dead items.

Reply #2
Unless your Default Playlist is an autoplaylist, Foobar will not delete dead items - you'll need to remove them yourself. Dead items are automatically removed from the library, from the Album List, and from autoplaylists, but not from a regular playlist that you've manually added items to.

You can delete dead items by going to Edit > Remove dead items.

Well that certainly solves one of my problems.
Thank you very much, Sevenarts.