Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip CD to FLAC - can't locate FLAC.exe (Read 13037 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip CD to FLAC - can't locate FLAC.exe

Hi, I'm new to Foobar2000 and need some guidance in 'layman's language' please.

I have installed Foobar2000 v.1.3.19 and can use it to listen directly to CD's. However, when I try to rip a CD, I reach a windows explorer dialogue box asking me to 'locate FLAC.exe' and get stuck. I have read quite a few posts on similar questions though mostly 7 or 8 years old. They indicate the need to install an encoder. Is this still a requirement with Foobar? If so, please will someone point me to where can I find the right encoder to download and tell me how to link it to Foobar2000.

Re: Rip CD to FLAC - can't locate FLAC.exe

Reply #1
Encoder pack is still required. You can download it from official foobar site. Link

Download and install it and you should be able to rip CDs to FLAC.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #2
Thank you very much for your help. working now :-)

Reply #3
Encoder pack is still required. You can download it from official foobar site. Link

Download and install it and you should be able to rip CDs to FLAC.

Virustotal:
Free_Encoder_Pack_2018-05-22.exe
Bkav                                    HW32.Packed.C40C
Sophos ML                          heuristic
TrendMicro-HouseCall        Suspicious_GEN.F47V0523

Reason for concern?

Reply #4
no it is a false positive that has affected  LIMITED  number of AV programs for a few years now