Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Playcount 2003 (Read 13446 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [fb2k v2] Playcount 2003

Reply #50
Thank you, it works. So Fast.

Reply #52
The component is fully open source and I did not compile it on my home pc. I get github to compile it on their servers and the whole build process is automated and released automatically by a bot.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_playcount_2003/blob/main/.github/workflows/build.yml

So please just **** off with your uninformed drivel.

Reply #53
Plays are tracked in exactly the same way as foo_playcount does it. One minute of playback or when the track ends if less a minute long.
Is it possible to easily configure this? 1 minute is quite far for most tracks to count it as "listened". Or is it something unchangeable from the core of foobar?

Reply #54
I'm not bound to using fb2k methods for it. I could write my own "elapsed time" tracker. I already do this in other components.

The real ball ache is providing preferences. That would take the most effort. I'll think about it.

Reply #55
0.2 contains an option for using title formatting to set the target time for a play to count.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_playcount_2003/releases

It's imperative that anyone wanting to use this reads and understands this...

https://marc2k3.github.io/foo_playcount_2003/#log-track-as-played

Reply #56
I always wondered why you couldn't set a custom length to mark a track as listened in the other Playback Statistics. At this point I'm used to 1m and that's what all of my titleformat scripts take into account, but I think this will probably be pretty useful for people who want more control. I like that you can use a script to set it to different values based on the length of the track, too. Good stuff.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #57

For some reason, it is not working fine in my case. Since I want the 100% of the track listened to mark it as listened, I'm using the following title format pattern:

%length_seconds%

(and I have also tried $div(%length_seconds%,1), just in case)

In both cases, for some tracks it works fine, but for others it doesn't mark them as listened. I'm using foo_playcount_2003 version 0.2, foobar2000 v2.1.5 [x64], Windows 10 Pro x64.

https://imgur.com/ewKJWqN.png

The column "Count" is a custom column with the following pattern:

$if(%isplaying%,$if2(>>>%2003_playcount%,>>>0),$if2(%2003_playcount%,0))

I believe it has to do with "If the title format pattern does not evaluate to a number, the track won't be logged", but I can't figure out what am I doing wrong, or if there's a problem in the component.

Edit: I found a workaround that it is working :). Using this title format pattern:

$div($mul(%length_seconds%,100),101)

It works great. It's like I'm dividing by 1.01. I don't understand why it doesn't work fine dividing by 1 directly. It would be great if the component could be modified to admit this, but anyway this workaround is working great for me.

Reply #58
Interesting issue. It's because %length_seconds% is rounded up so may never be reached. The "target time" is checked against a counter which increments every second during playback.

If you check %length_seconds% vs %length_seconds_fp% (floating point), you can see how the failure happens...

I'll look at adding a note to the docs.

Reply #59
@Cannonaire , I really don't want PMs for issues that can reported in threads. :/

Playcount 2003
Build: 15:48:05, Jun 25 2024

I think there may be a rare bug when setting the timestamp in seconds since last playback (%2003_last_played_ts%).

I have encountered this bug twice now. I have included a screenshot, and in the playlist I have played all tracks in order. Some of the timestamps marked by Playcount 2003 are incorrect - off by about 12 million seconds (inexact). You can see the script for the column, subtracting playback time from the current time to get a seconds since value.

I might suspect an issue with my processor or ram, but I haven't had any other instabilities recently and everything else about foobar2000 has been rock-solid for me. And as you can see, the exact same error happened the same way several times this morning (Index Nos. 13, 15, 19, and 25). (It also happened to No. 24, but it correctly set the value on the second playback, so the disparity with that track's numbers can be ignored.)

Screenshot via Discord link:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1126258724437250078/1267906740196737146/screenshot_03.png?ex=66aa7dab&is=66a92c2b&hm=42efeec2d7be87539a809c1fcdbebc20cf6fe801c6bdcf6163e72b32d627a213&

It's quite literally impossible for the wrong time to be written. I think it's far more likely the play was simply not recorded and you're looking at a previous value?? 12 million seconds is only 19wk 5d 21:20:00.

And of course plays are logged either using the same default as playback statistics and I reckon the SDK code for that should be bullet proof. Or if you're using the custom time via TF pattern, the onus is on the end user to enter a valid value.

There could be bugs but I need repro steps with the full details of what settings you're using

Reply #60
Right, sorry about that. After I clicked send I questioned why I had done it in PM since I've always used the threads before. It won't happen again.

There is no custom time using TF pattern. I use Playback 2003 at default settings and the screenshot shows the script for the column of interest, which you can see would not cause any problems. Playback time was correctly written by the built-in playback statistics, just not Playcount 2003. These are very old files that have been there since my collection began in 2007, but the first time this bug happened and the values weren't properly written like this was with new files, literally converted to FLAC using foobar2000 the same day I played them, which was a couple weeks ago. Looking at those more recent files—which I am 100% certain I have only played once—it looks like there is no value written by playback statistics 2003, but a playtime value was written by Playback Statistics in date format, which means you were right about the value just not being written.

I guess that brings us to the question: Any idea what would cause one component to record the value but not the other?

I can't give repro steps because I listen all the time and this has only happened in two instances of playback (both times on multiples tracks). All I can say is that the other playback statistics wrote the information correctly but Playcount 2003 did not, when the vast majority of the time they both work correctly.

Reply #61
Just to be clear, I'm not in advanced mode or anything. I haven't changed any settings for Playcount 2003; I don't even know where the settings are. My primary use for Playcount 2003 is to visualize in columns if a track has been played within the last 8 hours.

Here's a screenshot showing that the previous time this happened, Last Played and Play Count were not recorded with Playcount 2003 on several tracks, but they were recorded with Playback Statistics.

Same deal. I don't know what would cause this, and it's intermittent since most of the plays were recorded properly. All I was doing during the more recent instance of this problem was browsing Reddit while listening. I realize all this isn't much to go on, but it's all I have. What are the chances something I was doing on my PC interfered with only Playcount 2003 and nothing else, not once but on two separate occasions in the last few weeks?

Reply #63
Thank you!

Reply #64
Hello! Thanks for the component.

I found a bug. Or maybe I don't know how to configure the component correctly.
The problem is that the number of playbacks of online radio is not counted.
However, listening to music from YouTube (not streams, but tracks with a fixed duration) is counted correctly.

Can you please explain how to properly configure the component so that radio playbacks are counted? Or add such functionality if possible. Thank you!

Reply #66
Hi, Mark.
I have two statistics components foo_playcount and new foo_playcount_2003.
foo_playcount_2003 gives increased playcounts. When track played for 1 minute both components recorded data. ok.

Then I wanted to restart foobar and continued playing the same track. The foo_playcount_2003 increases +1 playcount and last played.

Now event can trigger multiple times. if foobar was restarted a minute after playback started, even if playcount was already triggered for that track.

Reply #68
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OK, I'll try to show you.
1. this setting is enabled
2. playback a track without statistics with duration more than ~3 minutes
3. stastistics recorded after 60 seconds
4. restart foobar. the track continues to play (starting at 61+ seconds)
5. after 60 seconds later, I get this.  (when ~2+ minutes)

Reply #69
That's unfortunate but I don't think I can do anything about it. Peter has the slight advantage of having access to all core settings within his components. I do not.

Reply #70
Sorry but it's by design that anything with an unknown length is not recorded and I don't intend to change it.
why not? )))

Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) counts number of playbacks of online radio. However, it does not allow you to change the time after which playback is counted. And this is its biggest weakness.

Reply #71
@marc2k3

Thank you for the great work!

I can't seem to find a way to write the number of the Playcount 2003 plays to the file tags.
Is this even possible?

This is the metadata as written by the foo playcount, seen here in Mp3Tag editor:
X

This is Playconunt 2003 vs. foo playcount statustics:
X

Those are my Playcount 2003 settings:
X

Thanks again.

Reply #73
Sorry but it's by design that anything with an unknown length is not recorded and I don't intend to change it.

and if I pay you for this change?