Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding variable for currently used ReplayGain mode (Read 726 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding variable for currently used ReplayGain mode

Hi,
I have proposal for adding new variable that would be used for title formatting - for example on window title or status bar. It is related to current ReplayGain mode (something like %replaygain_current_gain_mode%). It is essential especially when ReplayGain's "Source mode" is set to "by playback order". Sometimes volume effects are so strange to me, that I am not sure what RG mode foobar is applying at the moment. It would be also useful for those who set album/tack or none values, but they tend to change them occasionally or have keyboard shortcuts for various RG modes.
That small thingy, together with possibility to enable in status bar information about how many tracks is selected on playlist ("Show number of selected tracks", similarly to the currently present option "Show total time of selection") are for me 2 most sought after features in foobar. The rest of app is almost perfect :)

Additionally - I couldn't find clear information - what is exact mapping of RG modes to certain playback orders when RG mode is set to "by playback order"? Was this mentioned anywhere?

Re: Adding variable for currently used ReplayGain mode

Reply #1
Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere else but the SDK says this about "by playback order"

// New in 1.3.8
// SPECIAL MODE valid only for playback settings; if set, track gain will be used for random & shuffle-tracks modes, album for shuffle albums & ordered playback.

Re: Adding variable for currently used ReplayGain mode

Reply #2
So the mapping would be:
Shuffle (tracks), Shuffle (folders), Random, Repeat (track) -> track mode
Shuffle (albums), Default, Repeat (playlist) -> album mode
??