Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp Release 14 (Read 67476 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp Release 14

Major Updates
  • CD Ripper - AccurateRip v2: able to check across pressings & improved CRC implementation
  • Reference can support up to 16 simultaneous CPUs when encoding
  • Choose Album Art button in CD Ripper - searches the internet for album art
  • Windows 7 & Vista audio property & thumbnail support (Details tab on properties, details section in Explorer & Explorer Columns)
  • Reference comes complete with time unlimited PerfectMeta

Learn More >>

(for more details view the message after this)

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #1
Ripping, Converting & Tagging Perfected

dBpoweramp Music Converter has been updated & refined over 10 years, the result is Release 14 which offers new:

AccurateRip v2: over the years since AccurateRip's inception (8 years ago), AccurateRip has been universally praised as the first and foremost technique to ensure error free CD rips. AccurateRip can only function if the disc has been previously submitted to the database...Often discs have multiple pressings, AccurateRip v2 enables a rip to verify using a different pressing, thus expanding the database by a factor of 4 or more! In addition a new enhanced CRC has been introduced to ensure AccurateRip will continue being the standard-bearer of Ripping Perfection.

Easily Add Missing Album Art: CD Ripper & the ID Tag Editor have integrated Internet Art search functions, to easily add artwork which is missing (or of a lesser size than required):

16 CPU Support: encoding to mp3? and have a 'serious metal' computer'? dBpoweramp will use up to 16 cores making short work of encoding. With 16 CPU cores support dBpoweramp is future proofed for today's and tomorrows systems.

Unlimited PerfectMeta: We have heard that people love the idea behind PerfectMeta in CD Ripper: using multiple top-rate-commercial providers to cross-check and remove spelling mistakes / missing discs. What they did not love was the yearly renewal for metadata access, we listened and R14 has a perpetual access - no renewals!

PerfectMeta also features SontaDB, a classical specific database with extended fields just for classical (Composer, Conductor, Period, Instrument, Soloists, etc).

Explorer Property & Thumbnail Handler: does it irritate that the tag editor built into Windows Explorer in Windows 7 does not support your audio type?, R14 can help by enabling Windows to read metadata from any audio type dBpoweramp supports (practically all formats):

New Users Learn More >>
Existing Users Upgrade >>

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #2
Great package!

Is there a release discount for hydrogenaudio members?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #3
 that would be nice, yeah
Error 404; signature server not available.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #4
Great work, Spoon! 
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #5
Slightly confused by the upgrade options....is that from R13 or do we have to purchase again?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #7
I've installed R14. In Options>>Ripping Method, both options Secure and Defective by Design are grayed out (hence not selectable). Does this mean my Trial has ended? A few weeks ago I had the beta version installed during a few days.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #9
I've installed R14. In Options>>Ripping Method, both options Secure and Defective by Design are grayed out (hence not selectable). Does this mean my Trial has ended? A few weeks ago I had the beta version installed during a few days.

If it was more than 21 days ago yes.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #10
Fantastic, will purchase as soon as I get home. Has the ulimited perfectMet increased the price looks more expensive than before?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #12
I want to upgrade from Registered to Reference.

But while the price for registered is $26, and for reference $38, so a difference of $12, the upgrade is $18! Or 50% more!

How comes?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #13
Your previous Registered version would have cost $24, so:

$38 - $24 = $14 - each purchase has a payment processing fee of around $1 (there would be 2 of these) the difference is not huge.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #14
i see.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #15
amazing! thank you

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #16
Spoon,

Nice job on the new release. I have already used and enjoyed some of the new features, esp. the album art and tagging components.

Would you recommend re-configuring any of the drive tests after upgrading to r14, or should the same settings derived from the last reference version work OK?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #18
Easily Add Missing Album Art: CD Ripper & the ID Tag Editor have integrated Internet Art search functions, to easily add artwork which is missing (or of a lesser size than required)

I'm interested on this function. Would it mean i can select a folder, and then add the folder.jpg?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #19
You can select an albums worth of files >> Edit ID Tag >> Add Album Art  and it will display a list from the internet, click the one you want and the art is added to be embedded in the album, you can also select the Export To Folder.jpg if needed there also.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #20
Thanks Spoon, but does this release allow me to generate cue sheets or not?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #21
It would be great if you could add sites you want dBpoweramp to search on, especially if you have music that isn't exactly mainstream but sold on places like Junodownload.

This would be great, I wouldn't need to open MP3tag every time I wanted to tag a FLAC with album art.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #22
The art is searched through google, so if google can search that site the art will appear.

CueSheet support - see the beta section of the dbpoweramp forum, we are testing the CueSheet there.

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #23
Did I make a mistake in removing the beta status on CUE sheet support in our wiki's ripper comparison article?

Spoon, would you mind detailing the options offered in the way of gap placement/handling and what structures of CUE sheets dBpoweramp with be generating/supporting?  How to they compare to the five varieties that EAC creates?

dBpoweramp Release 14

Reply #24
It is a little early to do that, as it is under active development.