Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_controlserver (Read 155149 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_controlserver

Reply #25
(If an option to leave these blank fields in already exists, please point it out to me, it's 3AM and i couldn't find it when I was looking).

Thanks, I will add an option for that and post it tomorrow for you. Please let me know of any other inconsitencies you may find.

foo_controlserver

Reply #26

(If an option to leave these blank fields in already exists, please point it out to me, it's 3AM and i couldn't find it when I was looking).

Thanks, I will add an option for that and post it tomorrow for you. Please let me know of any other inconsitencies you may find.

Posted a new version (beta6) with this option.

foo_controlserver

Reply #27
I'm getting garbled unicode characters : Th+¬+ótre is supposed to be "Théâtre";  A solution to this would be to make the codepage selectable.

Also, searching for strings still doesn't work.  Would it be possible to check if quotation marks are included in the search string and automatically parse the rest as a string if there are? right now, I get a
"999|Invalid index one conversion|" error.

foo_controlserver

Reply #28
' date='Apr 12 2006, 09:16 PM' post='381843']
I'm getting garbled unicode characters : Th+¬+ótre is supposed to be "Théâtre";  A solution to this would be to make the codepage selectable.

Also, searching for strings still doesn't work.  Would it be possible to check if quotation marks are included in the search string and automatically parse the rest as a string if there are? right now, I get a
"999|Invalid index one conversion|" error.

You need a client that can support UTF-8. If you are using PuTTy go to Window-> Translation, Asuume data to be in character set UTF-8.
You can only search for one word at a time at the moment; have not gotten to that yet.

foo_controlserver

Reply #29
Uploaded a new version beta7; searching support for phrases.

foo_controlserver

Reply #30
Uploaded a new version beta7; searching support for phrases.

You rock my socks!

Now I can make a GUI for this (I'll make it in Java) -- anyone who wants it can contact me in two weeks.  You can also PM me to make me do it, 'cos I'll probaly forget

foo_controlserver

Reply #31
Nice plugin..  any plans for authentication or source ip check?

foo_controlserver

Reply #32
Hi Bluestat!

Your controlserver almost works as a charm, on foobar0.9. I have one feature request and one bug.

Sometimes, after a while, the server does not do any broadcasts anymore (when vol setting changed, next track starts, etc.) so my client doesn't get updated. Could you look into this?

Furthermore, please make the max number of connection a setting in the foobar control panel, instead of a fixed 4.

Thanks again,
Maarten

foo_controlserver

Reply #33
I will work on adding a configurable number of clients and also an ip restriction setting (currently I just have rules in my firewall to handle this;) I have not seen the problem described where updates are no longer sent; however most of my testing is just done with one socket connection to the server. If you could PM any more details with regards how to replicate what you are seeing that would help.

Thanks!

foo_controlserver

Reply #34
I will work on adding a configurable number of clients and also an ip restriction setting (currently I just have rules in my firewall to handle this;) I have not seen the problem described where updates are no longer sent; however most of my testing is just done with one socket connection to the server. If you could PM any more details with regards how to replicate what you are seeing that would help.

Thanks!

Just a small update! I have implemented the above functions and also fixed the problem that existed if a track was listed multiple times on a playlist (it would always display the index of the first one). Also fixed a problem where some configuration options were not being saved. I need to do some more testing; but should have this posted for you all in a couple days!

foo_controlserver

Reply #35
I need to do some more testing; but should have this posted for you all in a couple days!

Posted; please PM me if you encounter any problems or irregularities. A lot was changed; so it would not surprise me;)

Thanks!

foo_controlserver

Reply #36
I'm having a few issues with the search function in this version. I'm using 0.9.1 with the latest beta 9 of this plugin, running xp pro, no windows firewall, blah blah blah. When I enter some search terms it works as expected. Other times when I search, it crashes my foobar hard, with the error message "unhandled excepion : bad allocation".

Doing some more testing, when I check the UTF-8 box, it works all the time. When the box is unchecked, it doesn't work with certain search terms. I think the solution is to use the UTF-8 encoding...  Anybody duplicate these problems?

Also, what about a backspace? Us ham-fisted typists like to undo.

foo_controlserver

Reply #37
I'm having a few issues with the search function in this version. I'm using 0.9.1 with the latest beta 9 of this plugin, running xp pro, no windows firewall, blah blah blah. When I enter some search terms it works as expected. Other times when I search, it crashes my foobar hard, with the error message "unhandled excepion : bad allocation".

Doing some more testing, when I check the UTF-8 box, it works all the time. When the box is unchecked, it doesn't work with certain search terms. I think the solution is to use the UTF-8 encoding...  Anybody duplicate these problems?

Also, what about a backspace? Us ham-fisted typists like to undo.

If you could PM me the details with regards to what search terms are causing the error (if they are the same ones all the time) this could help me find the problem. Thanks!

foo_controlserver

Reply #38
I have noticed that for some songs, no information is present through controlserver. It has a title in foobar (didn't look at the real tags or anything) but not in the telnet to controlserver. I would request that if no information is found, title becomes filename or something?

Great work!

foo_controlserver

Reply #39
New update works perfectly.  Thanks!

foo_controlserver

Reply #40
I have noticed that for some songs, no information is present through controlserver. It has a title in foobar (didn't look at the real tags or anything) but not in the telnet to controlserver. I would request that if no information is found, title becomes filename or something?

Great work!

You could always add a FILENAME to your output config. But then that would always show up for all files. It's not perfect. The other way around this is to tag your files....

foo_controlserver

Reply #41
As one solution I added the pathraw field. FILENAME doesn't seem to work... Any chance of getting a field in the next version that just returns the filename without the path?

(as my goal is using it over possible bluetooth (and maybe even GPRS but I doubt that) every byte that can be snooped off is a good byte )

foo_controlserver

Reply #42
New update works perfectly.  Thanks!

Glad it is working correctly now for you; thanks for pointing that out!

As one solution I added the pathraw field. FILENAME doesn't seem to work... Any chance of getting a field in the next version that just returns the filename without the path?

I have uploaded a new version with improved output configuration. You may now output with various title format strings. This should make it much more flexible. Unfortunately this will break the simple configurations from before; but it is not too much work to rewrite them using the title formatting.

foo_controlserver

Reply #43
Works great, thanks!

One thing though: %_length_seconds% now returns a number in seconds only. For example if a song was 1 minute, 2 seconds, and 300 milliseconds, it would have returned "62.30" in the old version, where it returns "62" now. Dont know if it's a bug or a feature () just thought I'd mention it.

foo_controlserver

Reply #44
This is a simple plugin I wrote that controls foobar2000 over a TCP/IP connection.
The source code is included.

I just downloaded this and it's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. It worked the first time
I tried using it to drive FOOBAR on my wife's computer upstairs.

She really wants a way to get audio all through the house, and I figured it's
cheaper to buy a Ramsey FM30 and tune the radios in the house to
our own private station than to run wires all through the place.

Streaming audio works, but each PC has different delays, and you need a
computer in every room.

So far, the foobar200 and controlserver does exactly what I need, and creating
a little Tcl or Lua shell around it would be fairly easy.

Ralph

foo_controlserver

Reply #45
This plugin has gotten me exctied. I'm attempting to use my MidpSSH-armed BlackBerry as a remote control for my Foobar2000.

I've set up all the port forwarding in the router and made the appropriate firewall changes. But, the client doesn't connect and the plugin reports
Code: [Select]
WARNING : foo_controlserver: rejected connection from 170.***.224.***

I added this IP to the allowed list, and it still won't accept the connection. I know it's a security risk to do this (expecially without a user/pass), but well, the idea is so cool!

foo_controlserver

Reply #46

What do you have defined in the "Allow Addresses" field? If you are using * as a wildcard, there should just be one * for each segment. For example 192.168.1.*

If you have multiple addresses they should be delimited by a comma. For example 209.9.*.*,192.168.1.*,127.0.0.1

If you could PM me further details that could help me identify what is occurring.  Thanks!

foo_controlserver

Reply #47

What do you have defined in the "Allow Addresses" field? If you are using * as a wildcard, there should just be one * for each segment. For example 192.168.1.*

If you have multiple addresses they should be delimited by a comma. For example 209.9.*.*,192.168.1.*,127.0.0.1

If you could PM me further details that could help me identify what is occurring.  Thanks!

Wow, thanks for the quick response! You know what? It's working now.

The asterisks I included were to protect my security, not wildcards. My "Allow Addresses" field showed "127.0.0.1,170.206.224.58", 1 allowed clients.

I tried changing "Allow Addresses" = "*.*.*.*" and 4 allowed clients, then a Foobar restart. Then it worked right away. I then tried the 170.206.224.58 address in there again, wouldn't accept the connection. Looks like I'll live without access control.

I worked on this for 3 hours today before I posted, thinking I'd find an answer. Now I feel kinda dumb. Thanks for writing this. If you need anymore testing, I'll be around.

foo_controlserver

Reply #48
Just a couple other thoughts; you need to enable/disable the server (or restart foobar) from the configuration page for any changes in the "Allow Addresses" field to take effect. Other than that; not sure why you are having troubles. I will do some more testing today on it.

foo_controlserver

Reply #49
I am definitely liking the title formatting strings support. This little plugin is becoming more and more powerful. Thanks for the hard work and bugfixes.