Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter (Read 402021 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter

Reply #950
It seems to only respond on the last value.
Using this
Code: [Select]
$puts(myvar,$sum($mul(2,%_PLAYLISTX_EXPANDED%),%_FILTER_MODE%))
$puts(PLAYLIST.Y,
$ifequal($get(myvar),3,1167,
$ifequal($get(myvar),2,90,
$ifequal($get(myvar),1,310,1130))))

Only 1130 is recognized no matter what combinations of global values I use. Strange.

I really apologize, of course it doesn't work: the $sum function I used does not exist! The correct function is $add.
I'm late

Reply #951
Bingo, that's it. It's always in the small details. I also didn't think twice about $sum  :))
Thanks

Reply #952
--

Reply #953
Does anyone know how to reset a global variable on track change?
Basically I have a global variable named %_SINGLE.MODE% set to 0. This is essentially a switch for album to single cover display. But since I don't have single covers available for all my tracks I'd like to set %_SINGLE.MODE% back to 0 on track change if during playback of previous track I switched it to 1. Else when a new track starts the album cover isn't shown if a single cover isn't present.

Just setting $init_ps_global(_SINGLE.MODE,0) in PerTrack in the splitter settings doesn't do it.

Reply #954
$init_ps_global is used to set a default. To overwrite it, use $set_ps_global

Reply #955
I tried using $set_ps_global(_SINGLE.MODE,0) but that just fixed it to 0 making me unable to have my button change it to 1. Hence perhaps I was wondering something like $if(on track change,$set_ps_global(_SINGLE.MODE,0)) or something like that.

Reply #956
Perhaps some sort of trickery like setting the global to 2 when you press your button.

Then make $set_ps_global set the value to 1 when the button has been pressed (where the value is 2) but will set it to 0 otherwise

$set_ps_global(_SINGLE.MODE,$ifequal(%_SINGLE.MODE%,2,1,0))

Reply #957
I like trickery, thanks that works. It's a bit strange I was fully expecting there to be some on track change functionality in panel stack splitter.

Reply #958
Since I've come to the conclusion using foo_run doesn't work for what I'm trying to achieve (probably because setglobal can only be used within the scope of PSS) here's a simple question: Is it possible in PSS to set two global variables with a single button action? It would surprise if that isn't the case.

Reply #960
You don't happen to know how that's achieved?

Reply #961
You don't happen to know how that's achieved?

uh, sorry I didn't understand you were asking how to :))

You can add as many commands as you like to each $textbutton function separated by a semicolon:

$textbutton(x,y,w,h,
text,mover_text,
SETGLOBAL:name:value;
REFRESH,
options1,
options2)
I'm late

Reply #962
Ugh....I was so close, I did exactly that but had a REFRESH on each line. It's always the same for me, close but not quite it (my girlfriend often says that to me as well but I digress  :))).
Thanks

Reply #963
How come
$drawroundrect(25,12,275,41,10,10,255-255-255-0,220-220-220-255,)
collapses if I make it be any smaller than 41? Any way around it that doesn't involve removing the round borders?

Reply #964
From the PSS wiki:

$drawroundrect(x,y,w,h,w2,h2,R1-G1-B1-A1,R2-G2-B2-A2,RESERVED)
In order to achieve a decent effect the condition w>4*w2 and h>4*h2 should be matched.

Smaller than 41 in your case doesn't match the condition and I'm afraid there's no way around that using this method.
You could make your own rounded border frame in photoshop or similar and use that in PSS as an image if the rounded rectangle only needs to be static in its dimensions. But it won't be as clean as drawroundrect.

Reply #965
Damn, I was afraid that would be the only option... thanks for confirming it though.

Reply #966
I'm currently trying initialize a global variable in panel stack splitter and then access it in ColumnsUI using NG Playlist.

Panel Stack Splitter:
$init_ps_global(current_artist)
$set_ps_global(current_artist, %album artist%)

ColumnsUI Code (under the display tab in the scripts tab on a random column):
$get_ps_global(current_artist)

However this isn't working. Please help.
Thanks

Reply #967
You initialize a global value but don't give it a value. Set global only changes the value but since there is no value given to begin with it makes sense it doesn't work. If you would have checked the global variables tap in your splitter settings you would have seen there's no global variable current_artist set.

$init_ps_global(current_artist,%album artist%)

No idea why you would want to set %album artist% as a global variable since it just shows the current playing album artist which you can access by %album artist% anyway.

Reply #968
The problem was I was trying to use %album artist% to refer to the album artist of the currently playing song. However if I used that in:
Playlist view>columns>**any column**>scripts>display it would refer to the album artist of the respective song.

I've attached a diagram to illustrate what is happening. The aim is to have every artist be displayed as "Flux Pavillion" since he's the
artist of the currently playing song. I was using panel stack splitter because it was the only way I found to get a variable of the currently
playing album artist. However when using "$get_ps_globall(current_artist)" I receive an error "[UNKNOWN FUNCTION]" so I don't think
I can integrate with panel stack splitter. Do you know another way to access album artist?

Thanks

Reply #969
I think I see what you're trying to do. If I understand you correctly you're trying to display the album artist of track where album artist is found for the album but not necessarily for the respective track.
That's not possible. Foobar has no way of knowing what a different track holds in tag values and then show it on another track. It can only work on a per track basis. Even if the function would've worked it would still search for album artist of the respective track.

Reply #971
FB 1.3.8 CUI 0.5.1

I'm trying to get rid of a Track Info mod panel because it steal the focus
of anything you put in front of it.

At first I tried with just an Item Details panel but, wanting to show some small pictures
I switched to this component and I put inside of it a shorter Item Details so that a bottom stripe
of PSS is still visible. I set the same background colour and switched off the border so it looks
like a single panel but I'm able to show my little pictures in the bottom part, but...

... but with old buggy track info mod, even if I set it on selection mode, when I selected the
now playing track I could see the time change in the panel. Now, if I set the Item Details panel
to "current selction" the time stand still even if I select the now playing track.
On the other side, if I switch to automatic mode "current selection/playing item" I don't get
the follow cursor working when a track is playing.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is there anything I could do to get a behaviour similar to that old TIM panel?

Thanks.

Reply #972
I understand that it possible to use PSS alone to show track info
with no need of other panels so I started to play with it.

I would usually keep it in "Per track" mode but I would like
to see the playing time progress, when I select the now playing track:
is there a way to obtain this behaviour with no child panels?

After a little test, it seems to me that the "Per second" script
refers always to the playing track, even if it is not selected: right?

Another thing I see is that the value of the %ps_isplaying% (or %_isplaying%),
in the "Per track" script it is not updated when you start the playing but you have to select
another track and then select again the playing one. Only possibility is to place
the script into the "Per second" pane?

Thanks.

Reply #973
Instead of guessing your way around the PSS wiki explains a lot.
Basically, per second updates each second, per track on track change. If you want to show time progress of now playing you use per second. Take also into account TF mode on startup (bottom right on script tab).
It makes no sense to use per second tab for selected (non playing) tracks, only for nowplaying.

Reply #974
I had a look at the translated wiki but I didn't see if it is possible
to switch mode (Per track/Per second) via scripting in the PSS:
does anybody know that?

Thanks.