Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 (Windows) steals ctrl+F4 key combination from other running programs (Read 1109 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 (Windows) steals ctrl+F4 key combination from other running programs

Even if FB2K does not have focus, when I press ctrl+F4 to close a window/ tab etc. in the currently focused program, the ctrl+F4 key combination is ignored or apparently FB2K grabs the keys & (generally) closes the currently playing playlist. Happened in 1.3 and now just installed 1.4 beta 17. Tested with 64-bit Windows Home 10. 100% reproducible. Annoying because ctrl+F4 is such a common key combination; I have to use the mouse to close any open window/ tab if FB2K is running. Thanks for any help.

Re: foobar2000 (Windows) steals ctrl+F4 key combination from other running programs

Reply #1
Can't replicate your issue. Check Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts and see that you haven't assigned Ctrl+F4 as a global hotkey.

Re: foobar2000 (Windows) steals ctrl+F4 key combination from other running programs

Reply #2
Hi Case - yes you are correct! I didn't realize "global" meant across the whole operating system; I thought it meant just globally within FB2K. Thanks so much for your help.