Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Song starts on first click. Help please (Read 1007 times) previous topic - next topic

Song starts on first click. Help please

Hi everybody,

I use Foobar for Tango-DJing. Setup: One Foobar2000 instance for archive/search and prelistening, one portable instance for live output, where I add and rearrange the playlist on the fly. My problem: The songs in the live playlist out of a sudden sometimes start playing on first touch. Obviously I do not want that to happen while people are dancing. I already changed my mouse and checked the Windows 7 Mouse controls.
What can I do to:
a) start playing only after a decent double click, or
b) disable playing on mouseclick entirely?

Any hint would be very welcome

Re: Song starts on first click. Help please

Reply #1
Please post required details - foobar version, plugins list, OS version, sound output method.

Also check if changing mouse click options in Windows will gelp. Maybe you set it in such way which causes problem (too long / too short repetition time).

Reply #2
Hello,
any news on this topic? I've got the same problem. I wish to have an option/ a plugin that prevents me from switching to another title by doubleclick on playlist member. (Because sometimes my finger is doing things  8) )

I'm using foobar 1.4.1, ColumsUI, Affix-Silence, BPM Analyzer, Enhanced Spectrum Analyzer, Now Playing Simple, Playback Statistics, Playlist Attributes, Scheduler, Skip Silence, WASAPI Output and some visual enhancements ...

btw - I'm also using foobar for DJing at Tango-events .....

Greetings
Testpilot

Reply #3
The songs in the live playlist out of a sudden sometimes start playing on first touch.
I would be very interested, what "first touch" means. Please explain.

Also, the "first touch" never happens on the "archive/search and prelistening"-instance of f2k?

Also, you could try to swap the handling of the two instances (portable instance will now be used for prelistening/arranging) and see if the "first touch" now happens to the other instance too or not ... which could help to elaborate/isolate the problem.

Happy dancing!

Reply #4
Hello Fuffi,

(MGriffin is not online - so I will try to explain)
I think MGriffin talks about the first click on a playlist item to move the focus to another line in the playlist - maybe to delete the title or to move the title to another position. By doing so it sometimes happens -and this is my point- that you click twice, unwanted. In normal life - listening at home or something else - this doesn't matter. If this happens while playing music at an event ... 1000 eyes are locking at you .....

So I wish:
*  a) After a doubleclick on a Playlist line: Open a Yes/No Dialog that asks "Do you really want to stop playing <Title playing>?"
or in alternative
* b) doing nothing! Only move the focus to the selected line. Ignore doubleclick, same behavior as normal click

* Normal behavior if there is no title playing -> this means start playing on doubleclick.
* Normal behavior clicking the stop/pause button.

Solution can also be something else - but I hope, my wish explained the issue.

Thanks and greeting
testpilot

Reply #5
Hi there,

You would need to use a Playlist Viewer that has options for double-clicking. I'm not positive which ones do... I think ELPlaylist can (see the screenshot reply #3), although advanced to setup. Not sure about ESPlaylist though likely similar(?). Not sure about JScript ones.

An alternative option (on DUI only) is to use a Facets column with track/title to manage tracks, where you can set double-click behavior in options. It can send or add items to a playlist without playing. Depends how much you need to touch the playlist at all. You could perhaps also only interact with the playlist via right-click, can still cut/paste to rearrange and remove items that way.

Finally as Epic already mentioned, you could change double-click speed in Windows mouse options. Set it to 'fast' so it becomes difficult to do by accident. (You can also swap left/right buttons to help remember to right-click)

Cheers 8)