Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2k Converter + FLAC + --replay-gain flag not working (Read 2304 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2k Converter + FLAC + --replay-gain flag not working

Hello. I'm trying to use Foobar2k converter module plus flac.exe (1.1.2) to convert some Monkey's Audio files to FLAC. If I introduce the flag "--replay-gain" in the Parameters section of Foobar2k converter, the encoding fails instantly with this error: "Error writing to file (Encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters) : file://C:\test.flac". I don't know how to get a more verbose error. Can someone help me?

The Parameters:
Code: [Select]
-s -5 --replay-gain - -o %d

Reply #1
-s -V -5 %s -o %d --replay-gain works, simply copy & paste it. But for what reason would you have to include the ReplayGain scan in the command line? Foobar features its own scanner, providing both track and album gain.

Besides, FLAC 1.1.2 isn't up-to-date. The current version is 1.1.4

Reply #2
Thanks! It worked. So it seems I can't do replaygain and piping at the same time, so I need to specify a tempfile. I just updated to flac 1.1.4 too, thanks for the tip