Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7 (Read 914337 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1175
Hi, how can I export a submissions cache? I'm behind a proxy at work that prevents scrobbling, I'd like to submit them from home.

Reply #1176
When I try to submit my cache it gives me the error:
"Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed: The system time is far off. Please correct your system time."

There are scrobbles a few months old in my cache. Can I still submit them?

Reply #1177
Translated as was possible within my limitations this plugin for the Portuguese of Brazil, leave it attached.

Reply #1178
Is there a way to export scrobbled tracks from foobar and sent them to last.fm manually? My company's proxy is blocking last.fm content and therefore i can't scrobble from foobar directly. Thanks!

Reply #1179
Foobar on my Win 10 machine is losing the handshake connection on a daily basis. I can't gamble with my system settings - changing the system date back and forth -  every evening to make it work.

Is there another fix for this or should i use the last.fm desktop app for better results?

Reply #1180
In other news:
Is this thread dead or the developer gone from the forum? I just saw, that the last answer to a question is a couple of months old.

Reply #1181
Just close foobar and re-open it to force a new handshake. If for some bizarre reason that isn't possible, use the official software.

Reply #1182
Hi there. I repacked plugin as it was described on reddit. Also I fixed name of plugin that appears in foobar's preferences.
So we have special libre.fm plugin, that doesn't conflict with official plugin.
foo_librescrobbler - https://yadi.sk/d/8KKMGwph34HSSt

It would be awesome to add link to first post.

Reply #1183
Hi y'all!

I noticed my tracks haven't been scrobbling to last.fm for the past week and I'm not sure why. Not even manually I can submit the tracks. Nothing needs an update. I don't know what to do. :-\ Please, help!

Reply #1184
It's working here.

Code: [Select]
Opening track for playback: "D:\Music\Tracks\CHVRCHES - Now Is Not The Time.mp3"
Audioscrobbler: Handshake successful.
Audioscrobbler: Submitting track...
Audioscrobbler: Submission succeeded.

Have you checked the Console for messages?

Reply #1185
Hey, thank you! I didn't know about that option. I'm still kinda new with Foobar.

Code: [Select]
Opening track for playback: "C:\Users\ToMmY\Music\Dido - Girl Who Got Away\Let Us Move On feat. Kendrick Lamar.mp3"
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed: The system time is far off. Please correct your system time.
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed.

I fixed the "system time" but still gives me this message.

PS: It's always been wrong (long story) but it worked back then.

Reply #1186
I don't think so. This component has always required the right time. Also, there is no excuse for not having the correct system time.

edit: even after correcting the time, it may give errors because of the wrong timestamp of cached scrobbles?? If so, you'll probably need to delete the configuration file that stores them all, accept those cached scrobbles as lost and start again (re enter your username/password in the preferences). Look for %appdata%\foobar2000\configuration\foo_audioscrobbler.dll.cfg

Reply #1187
The government changed the timezone of my country and my system never updated it, so I always used the old one (half an hour early).

I changed my system now to a timezone from another country (with same time), and also changed it on my last.fm profile just in case, but still have the same problem. (Also deleted the cached scrobbles)

Reply #1188
Well you could try removing this component and trying the official last.fm software instead. This component was last updated in 2010 and developed using a very old Last.fm API which requires the correct time/handshake authentication on startup which current scrobblers don't need. In theory, only scrobbles older than 2 weeks get rejected and current time isn't as important.

Reply #1189
I didn't know the player worked with the official last.fm software (SMH). Thank you for your time, Marc. I appreciate it.

Reply #1190
automaton, Usually it happens when your PC was in sleep mode. Just restart foobar2000 and it will work fine. All tracks which the player couldn't send will be sent (from the cache).

Reply #1191
I can't generate playlists anymore.  When I go to Library > Last.fm Top Tracks/Recent Tracks/Loved Tracks and pick any of the options within, it downloads/loads for a few seconds then creates and empty playlist.  I've used this option for years to pick songs to put on my USB stick for my car. 

Any idea why it's not working anymore?

Reply #1192
foo_audioscrobbler creates playlists? I don't think so.

Reply #1193
If you don't think so, then you don't know so.  At the top of Foobar, click the Library drop down, then hover over Last.fm Top Tracks, then your Last.fm username will pop up, hover over that, then click overall.  Once Foobar downloads some information from Last.fm it will create a playlist called 'jazzthieve' Top Tracks, with all the most listened to songs on your Last.fm.

I believe there might be a catch, as your files must be in the same folder and same file name as when you scrobbled them.  Not 100% sure on that.

Reply #1194
You probably have foo_softplaylists installed which creates said menus. Audioscrobbler does not.

Reply #1195
Oh damn, you are correct.  I thought it was foo_audioscrobbler all along.  I didn't even know I had foo_softplaylists installed.

Reply #1196
Would be nice to have this auto set obsessions, maybe manually as well. Like play a song a few times within 48 hours and it auto sets an obsession and can only update after current obsession has ended.

Reply #1197
There is no last.fm API for doing this. Also, the component hasn't been updated since 2010!

Reply #1198
For those that continue to have the handshake issue (as I did), I have written an alternative component: foo_scrobble. It transparently manages the scrobble cache (there's no need to manually submit it) and should work across network reconnects without problems. It also makes use of last.fm's newer submission API and does not require your login credentials.

Reply #1199
For those that continue to have the handshake issue (as I did), I have written an alternative component: foo_scrobble. It transparently manages the scrobble cache (there's no need to manually submit it) and should work across network reconnects without problems. It also makes use of last.fm's newer submission API and does not require your login credentials.

That is great! I was contemplating to write a replacement for a long time, but was too lazy to actually do anything about it =)
May I suggest you to open a new thread for your component, so as to keep all the feedback, bug reports and feature requests separate from the old component?
PS: And thanks for making it open source!