Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491685 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #175
If you mean View > Youtube History - Search - Log
I do not have this problem with last version 0.0.13

Edit
I notice something strange I hope I can explain.
I'm on tab playlists "Youtube".
I open File > Add Youtube URL's, copy the link address and the clip goes under the previous ones, with no new cover. All clips are from different artists.
Before I had each clip with it's own cover.

Reply #176
@mire777
Can't reproduce anything. You can send me portable foobar configured to see all issues. Also about Search cut - where is the cut on your image?

I think i have found what causes this problem.
I have WSH 1.4.2 for windows 7. This is some hack version that support aero transparency on windows 7.
And is essential for this skin to work properly..

You have that WSH for download here: https://sites.google.com/site/jk7800/foobar2000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WSH i use on my work is made for XP. Also from link above.
On my work(in this skin) i don't have any problem, all works well, because this XP version, don't support transparency.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem is that if i switch to XP ver on windows 7, then i loose some posibility WSH panel mode i think.
And also loose aero transparency, for that skin.

I'm on work now, so i can't upload my last config.
This is my old config with same WSH: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4990nz12...ar2000_xch4.rar

You can test.
If this doesn't happen there, then i send you my new config, when i go home.

Reply #177
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.14.zip

Changes:
- transparent background and few other options for CUI elements. Thanks mire777 for helping
- search window usage improvements
- ignoring limited syndication restriction reason

Reply #178
Thank you!

Reply #179
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.15.zip

Changes:
- customizable search context menu. To customize it use new Search tab in component Preferences
- thumbnails cache control. For now disabled by default to save same behaviour as was without it
- possibility of metadata overriding for individual clips (read more)

Component now has own context menu group Youtube Source. In addition to search items it has Watch on Youtube item - open current link in browser (enabled only if single Youtube clip selected). 'Now playing' context menu also has Watch on Youtube from current pos item.
Context menu search items enabled only if single item selected and search query for this item is not empty string.

Reply #180
Thanks.
How can I send video directly to my Youtube playlist?
Clips go to "Auto" and I need to move them.
In preferences > Youtube source there is :
[YouTube] %artist%

(the name of my playlist is YouTube).

Reply #181
For all needed search presets change Destination to 'Specific playlist' and set playlist name just to 'Youtube' (without quotes)
Actually I realized that search presets have several mistakes :( If specific playlist used, it supposed to have name '[YouTube] sometext' but this [Youtube] part removes because of title formatting (should be '$char(91)Youtube$char(93)'. Also 'Search instrumental' will work not properly - Youtube does not know OR operator (should be '[[\"%artist%\"] [\"%title%\"] intitle:instrumental]' and one more for karaoke). Default presets will be revised. Also will be added search for live, cover. Any other suggestion are welcome

Reply #183
@3dyd Sorry, before I said a wrong thing. My playlist is not named YouTube, it is the folder's name!

I modified Specified playlist > [YouTube]%artist%
by
Specific playlist > youtube
and search arrived in a new playlist called youtube.
I'm not sure I understand what you wrote (my english is very poor).

Now it's as before, searches arrive in new playlists and I move them.

Reply #184
For all needed search presets change Destination to 'Specific playlist' and set playlist name just to 'Youtube' (without quotes)
Actually I realized that search presets have several mistakes  If specific playlist used, it supposed to have name '[YouTube] sometext' but this [Youtube] part removes because of title formatting (should be '$char(91)Youtube$char(93)'. Also 'Search instrumental' will work not properly - Youtube does not know OR operator (should be '[[\"%artist%\"] [\"%title%\"] intitle:instrumental]' and one more for karaoke). Default presets will be revised. Also will be added search for live, cover. Any other suggestion are welcome

Works great
If i can suggest to add> Search for Similar Artist.
For other don't know this is perfect.

Reply #185
@musikomaniak
Now even more unclear. Will talk via PM to do not flood here.

@mire777
Context menu search items are helpers which make it easier to perform search requests with playlist item metadata. E.g. using Search acoustic version on song AC/DC - Highway to Hell  is the same as perform search using next query:
"AC/DC" "Highway to Hell" INTITLE:acoustic
(quotes to force exact phrase match, INTITLE - Youtube search operator which forces specific phrase to appear in the video title)
So there are no way to make what you suggested using context menu search items

Reply #186
Thanks, the search function works great (i just do simple searches by artist).
Excellent plug in - now all we need is the plug in to play the video within foobar2000 screen...there was one some years ago, but it did not work all the time and support was abandoned.

One thing - among the options the first choice cleans out the existing Youtube playlist...please make "add to playlist" first choice. I wiped out my playlist by not paying close attention to the wording.

Reply #187
now all we need is the plug in to play the video within foobar2000 screen...there was one some years ago, but it did not work all the time and support was abandoned.

You don't need plugin to see video in same time when sound is playing in foobar.
You can use WSH to start video in portable browser on playback start.

If you talk about fomci or footube- this script never use foobar screen..
What this plugin do, is that only sticks another flash player window inside foobar panel and fixate it with pixel.
So far no one has succeeded to make foobar to play video itself.
Maybe just maybe, this is possible in the way how 'shpeck' visualization plugin work.

Reply #188
One thing - among the options the first choice cleans out the existing Youtube playlist...please make "add to playlist" first choice. I wiped out my playlist by not paying close attention to the wording.

If destination playlist exist, component initialtes it's undo backup before any change. If you want restore previous playlist items, you can use Undo action from Edit menu or Ctrl+Z in default configuration.

Reply #189
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.15.1.zip

Changelog:
- fixed mistakes in search context menu items and added few more items

There will be no new versions for a while (except emergency). However it looks more or less complete.

Reply #190
There will be no new versions for a while (except emergency). However it looks more or less complete.

As for a while you'll not be present, I want to say : thank you for your work.

Reply #191
- fixed mistakes in search context menu items and added few more items

One of these items are very important for me:
I have adjusted SPACE button as  keyboard shortcut for "play or pause".
At last I can use space in search input without going mad. 

Thank you!

Reply #192
Can this be controlled via Foobarcon?

Reply #193
Thank you, 3dyd, for adding the metadata handling. This is greatly appreciated and works extremely well giving tidy playlists with the correct track details.

A panel utilising this dynamic renaming is available here. It offers the ability to play artist, genre or artists and similar artists tracks in radio mode. There is also an album mode which enables album searching and loading of individual album tracks – properly grouped and named. See the link for screenshots.

Please put any discussion of this panel in the Foobar Youtube Radio thread.

Reply #194
3dyd , i just want to thank you for all your hard work and time invested in this component.
For me this is now became main component in foobar.
I hope that we'll see you soon in some new project

Reply #195
3dyd, I would like to thank you also for the component.

If I may suggest a possibility in playing video with your component.

Using Shpeck , Advanced Visualization Studio  and VFX Avi player (ape for avs) from here http://goebish.free.fr/vfx/ it is possible to view an avi file as a visualization.

Maybe we could pipe the video stream to the visualization window???

My programming skills are limited ,If anyone is interested check it out.

Reply #196
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.16.zip

Changelog:
- using dynamic track info at search by context menu. So for example in case of online radio it will use currently playing song info
- search autocomplete. Can be disabled through Features preferences tab
- clip opening process optimized. History now will show only clips opened for decoding and without duplicates. Advanced prefs 'Open files at file info requests' removed.
- clips now have custom meta field %3dydfy_title% - original Youtube clip title
- reduced needed FFmpeg binaries count

Clip title parsing rule moved to Decoding prefs - it actually decoder feature, before there was just no free space for it.
Also thumbnails cache control enabled by default.

Reply #197
Well it just keeps getting better! Thanks a lot 3dyd!

Reply #198
Thanks for new version, 'add location processing' in youtube radio is now faster, also custom ''3dydfy_title'' tag is useful.
Thanks...

Edit: Uh i again have crash on close 'search integrated panel'.
Other's is ok..

Reply #199
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.16.1.zip

Changelog:
- crash fix related to Search CUI element. Thanks to Wilb
- clip length override (URL param 3dydfy_alt_length)
- skip analysis at clip info retrieving if fb2k_ fields used