Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question about UI Tabs. (Read 2901 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about UI Tabs.

What i'd like to be able to do, is have more than one component to a tab. That way, I could have all of my play controls like buttons and menus etc. and the playlist in one tab, and have album art + trackinfo in another.

This would open so many possibilities for layout and styling of foobar.
If there is some genius out there who knows of a way to do this, or could mod the component to do this, I'd LOVE to hear about it

-- Brendan

Question about UI Tabs.

Reply #1
You can add a vertical or horizontal splitter as an item under the tabs, you can then mount various components and toolbars under that splitter just like  the rest of your layout.  I once built a layout where everything except for a control bar at the bottom was switched .. and I used that to switch betwen several different layouts.

Question about UI Tabs.

Reply #2
You can add a vertical or horizontal splitter as an item under the tabs, you can then mount various components and toolbars under that splitter just like  the rest of your layout.  I once built a layout where everything except for a control bar at the bottom was switched .. and I used that to switch betwen several different layouts.

I tried that, but for some reason it wouldn't work. I'll try again, maybe things will go better this time.
Nope, still doesn't work.

Question about UI Tabs.

Reply #4
Make sure you are using the latest foo_uie_tabs.dll the older versions had issues using splitters. I can confirm that the version 0.2.1 I have installed handles them fine. In fact here is an example of the sort of thing I put in a tab using a basic

Tabbed panel switcher
-Vertical Splitter
--Track Info Mod
--Spectrum Analyser
--Track Info Mod