Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %lyrics% = embedded text? (Read 756 times) previous topic - next topic

%lyrics% = embedded text?

Hi there!

What exactly does it mean when an audio file contains the field reference %lyrics%?

Does it mean that the file contains an entire text embedded in it (like a cover art, for example) or that it is ready to download the text file (lyrics) from a certain server?

In my library I have a lot of songs with this tag (%lyrics%), but when I try to read offline the text through the foo_openlyrics component panel, nothing, no lyrics appear.

Thanks in advance.

Re: %lyrics% = embedded text?

Reply #1
A tag can contain the lyrics frame,  yet not have it populated with the lyrics.  You may be inadvertently adding that frame while tagging your files.  To double-check if they actually contain lyrics, try viewing them in a 3rd-party tagger like Mp3tag or Kid3.

Re: %lyrics% = embedded text?

Reply #2
Good to know, thanks!