Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AudioIcon Pack 2.1 (Read 8902 times) previous topic - next topic

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

It creates seperate associations for each extension, associate with the selected player and add new icon.

It now includes icons for Ogg, MPC, aac, mp4, flac, shorten, monkey's audio, lpac, OptimFrog, la, wav.
Read the license page before installing; it includes some info also.

To do list
* add skt, iso and md5 icons
* make decent uninstaller
* Make subsections (lossless-lossy etc.)
* Get sacrat's icons improved (alpha etc.)

If you have any suggestions not on the list please post here.
Be aware that there is no uninstaller yet. You can "take back" associations with winamp though.

Grab it here.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #1
thanx a lot, Jan !
I love it ! 

Just one thing, is there any way to see every icon without installing-uninstalling-desinstalling, etc ...... ?

thanks again, i really love it

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #2
Well, I can go ahead and add alpha channels to "black monkey" and "monkey head"; the only reason I hadn't before was that when I saw the original reference icons I simply merged the two into one ("white monkey"). Still, I should have realized folks might want it both ways... I'll send a fix tomorrow, Jan. 

Now to clear up which icons I worked on, vs. which ones might be "original":

All of the "clamp style" icons are a derivative of the "compressed audio" button on Exact Audio Copy, done in different colors of the spectrum. I do not know who did the original clamp on EAC... it might be André Wiethoff or Dean Giles, or someone else entirely.

Most of the other "audio format specific" icons are a variation of the official company logo, or an interpretation of an existing icon design. The one exception I think of right off is "LA icon," since I couldn't find anything even remotely resembling a logo on the LA website. So for this one I used the colors from the site, and enough of a "style" (if you want to call it that) to be recognizable as something different from the rest. If it becomes a generally recognized LA icon, that's fine with me... and if someone else does something better, that's fine too.

The "SKT icon" ("Shorten Seek tables"; not yet implemented) puts a visual frame around a smaller version of the SHN "clamp style" icon. So I guess it's mine in concept and execution, but still derivative. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone else has done an icon for SKT files.

The ISO and MD5 icons (not yet implemented, but they are in the DLL) began with the scan of a CD-R on the top of Jörg Schilling's CDRTools website. I changed the color and added the rest of the graphics; the ISO icon adds a string of binary data (to convey the visual impression of a data CD), while the MD5 icon adds the letters "MD5." This is similar to an existing MD5 icon which originally came from eTree. I do not know whether they still have that one, but the new version is much more attractive anyway... in my own humble opinion. 

As I find time and inclination, more icons should be forthcoming. If anyone needs icons for a specific format, let me know and I might give it a shot.

- M.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #3
Jan,

Is there any chance that you could put just the icon dll up for download somewhere?

There's no particular reason, other than I'm really neurotic and would like to make the customizations myself (more exactly, to edit the customizations I already have). 

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #4
On my PC [win2000SP3] it won't work, just shows the defaut winamp icon.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #5
Jan, is there a chance you could integrate your IconPack more tightly with the foobar player? For example include it with the installer and setup fileassociations properly... With the current speed of development done on foobar, I think it will soon be the player of choice for most HA members.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #6
Jan, is there a chance you could integrate your IconPack more tightly with the foobar player? For example include it with the installer and setup fileassociations properly... With the current speed of development done on foobar, I think it will soon be the player of choice for most HA members.

i never heard about foobar. What is it ?

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #7
foobar: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=24

On my PC [win2000SP3] it won't work, just shows the defaut winamp icon.

RTFM. Did you remove associations in winamp?

I plan to add support for foobar which will create the correct associations.
PP (author of foobar) didn't want me too add foobar in the installer when I asked him.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #8
My mp3 have become "Deli MPEG files" and need Deliplayer to get played.

What did happen ? Is it linked to Audioicon ?

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #9
My mp3 have become "Deli MPEG files" and need Deliplayer to get played.

What did happen ? Is it linked to Audioicon ?

The Icon pack does not at all do anything to the associations of .mp3.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #10
I put up a little website here.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #11
Version 2.2 is now up.
  • Player independent. You can now use it with any player.
  • Last used player is remembered.
  • Last installation directory is now remembered.

More comming soon.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #12
I put up a little website here.

<snip>(Some blathering about how you should show a list of all the icons on your webpage)</snip>

EDIT: Duh, you already did that, and made a huge link to the icon list. My apologies, and my gratitude!

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #13
Well, maybe that really would ruin the surprise. I guess I'd rather tinker, or wait until the installer or some icon-changing applet lets me get a visual of each icon as I choose them from the dropdown menu (is that possible?)

No, I don't think it's possible to show the selected icon in the installer.
I think a program that could handle all of this instead of my installer would be great but unfortunately I'm not able to program it.
I hope the website maked things a little less buggy though it's not optimal.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #14
Just change the icons, don't assign one player to play all of those formats. Chances are most people don't use the same player for every file type. Alternatively, let the user select a player for each file type.

Thanks!
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #15
Jan S. - Posted: Dec 19 2002 - 09:45 AM = post deleted

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #16
Just change the icons, don't assign one player to play all of those formats. Chances are most people don't use the same player for every file type. Alternatively, let the user select a player for each file type.

Thanks!

Just run the installer multiple times only selecting the filetypes you want play with a given player.

AudioIcon Pack 2.1

Reply #17
Posted v2.27 and added FHG icon on request by westgroveg.
Sorry that this request took so long to fulfil; I haven't had much time, don't have much interest in it anymore and it actually took me an hour just to add 1 icon!

It's very messy to get the selection boxes placed correctly; especially becuase there weren't space for a new row of selectors with the currect drop-down box width.

edit: Here's the dll with just the icons if ppl don't like the installer: http://qas.stanstrup.dk/audioicons/audioicons.rar