Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Strange Sound (Read 3774 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange Sound

So this ist my first post here 

I'm not sure if this problem is already solved, but actually I'm playing with Nero's aac-encoder and found a problem.

There are a few distortions in the beginning of this song (Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way?), easy to recognize.

Version of Nero: 6.6.0.6
Encoder Settings: Internet, fast (LC AAC).
Transcoded with fb2k and foo_nero
Source: FLAC, ripped by EAC in secure mode.

So what does the Hydrogenaudio-community think of it?

Strange Sound

Reply #1
One thing to mention:
This problem only appears in it's encoders fast mode.
In hq-mode, sound is clear. Average bitrates of bot files are the same (~133 kbps).

Strange Sound

Reply #2
If possible, could u provide us w/ a few seconds sample of the beginning of the song that sounds 'distorted' according to you from the song in a FLAC format?
(decode the FLAC to WAV, grab the first few secs, and encode that first few secs back to FLAC)
It might also help the Nero AAC dev that lurks around here to pinpoint the problem. (Garf?)

Thanks.

Strange Sound

Reply #3
so here are a few second as flac. 

Perhaps this problem is already solved with a newer version of nero.
It's hard to update cause I'm only "dial-up-connected" to the internet...