Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do apply colors? (Read 4966 times) previous topic - next topic

How do apply colors?

Ok, maybe a stupid question, but I'm confused. In the Title Formatting configuration I see a section names "Colors (playlist only)" and one text box "Change color:" with one square, the selected color and another square, and a second text box "Restore:" with two squares(!) (oh, and a button "Apply" which does nothing(?)).
How do I apply colors to the playlist font, background etc.? What are those 2 squares in the "Restore:" text box?   

How do apply colors?

Reply #1
if u wanna add colour to ur playlist, choose a color with the button and then copy the new text in the field next to it in to your string

for example have this "%artist% - %title%"
and u want artist name in red and song name in blue the new string would be:
"0000FF%artist% - FF0000%title%"

How do apply colors?

Reply #2
if u wanna add colour to ur playlist, choose a color with the button and then copy the new text in the field next to it in to your string

for example have this "%artist% - %title%"
and u want artist name in red and song name in blue the new string would be:
"0000FF%artist% - FF0000%title%"

Now we're getting somewhere  What about the 2 squares in the Restore field and the Apply button that does nothing for me?  Can I change the color of the background of the whole playlist?

How do apply colors?

Reply #3
if u put the 2 squares it will restore the colour either back to the last colour OR back to the original specified playlist colour (i dont know which cos i dont use it).
background colour? ok, see in prefs->display->"playlist background color..."? well if u change that then somehow the playlist background color changes too!! 

How do apply colors?

Reply #4
The Apply button does work, but you won't see any difference if the changes you made don't affect the output. ;-)
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

How do apply colors?

Reply #5
background colour? ok, see in prefs->display->"playlist background color..."? well if u change that then somehow the playlist background color changes too!! 

Yep, I finally figured it out: I'm blind...   

How do apply colors?

Reply #6
hehe