Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please help me out with ABC/HR program... (Read 3052 times) previous topic - next topic

Please help me out with ABC/HR program...

I would like to participate in the listening tests between lame 3.90.3 and 3.96...and of course other tests for personal reference.  One part I don't seem to understand about this program is if I have the original wav, an encoded mp3 of the original wav in 3.96, and another encoded mp3 of the original wav in 3.90.3, how do I load the encoded mp3s into the program?  It seems to only accept wavs.  The original wav loads fine, but when i try to load the mp3s, the prog stops, and I end up back at where I started.  How do I convert them(2 encoded mp3's of the original wav) into wavs?  Do I decompress?  Use some type of converter?  Really would appreciate some help!  Thanks alot and take it easy! 

ABC/HR V.09b and I also have WinABX.

Please help me out with ABC/HR program...

Reply #1
I would like to participate in the listening tests between lame 3.90.3 and 3.96...and of course other tests for personal reference.  One part I don't seem to understand about this program is if I have the original wav, an encoded mp3 of the original wav in 3.96, and another encoded mp3 of the original wav in 3.90.3, how do I load the encoded mp3s into the program?  It seems to only accept wavs.  The original wav loads fine, but when i try to load the mp3s, the prog stops, and I end up back at where I started.  How do I convert them(2 encoded mp3's of the original wav) into wavs?  Do I decompress?  Use some type of converter?  Really would appreciate some help!  Thanks alot and take it easy!  

ABC/HR V.09b and I also have WinABX.

If you're trying to participate in the 3.90.3 vs. 3.96 test to find the competitor for Roberto's next test, first download the file I attached to my message.  Unzip it to a test directory.  Then place your flac'd reference files in that same directory (same directory as the abchr executable and config files).

After you've done that, run the batch files in the Bin subdirectory (double-click them).  These batch files will unflac the reference files, encode to mp3, and decode back to wav so that you can use abchr.

After you've run all the batch files, fire up abchr.  Then load a config file to setup abchr.

ff123